• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I Have a ? regarding the specialized wrench needed to take off the head.

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I finally put her back together. I have the valves adjusted, and she running good. When I first started her up, I had a little amber coming out of the exhaust every now and then, but my thought is that since I have taken her apart that it is probably burning of some particles. After 2 minutes at idle the amber were gone. All my gauges are reading prefect. I let her idle for 30 minutes. I had no leaks. I took her for a very slow ride around the yard. She is doing great but I did not want to test her tonight. So after driving her about five minutes, I parked her and let her idle down. I shut her off after the cool down period. No leak, and no concerning sound. I have not put her under any strain yet, but I am anxious to get her on the road again.

RAYZER

Good job AJ! I Know how much work a head gasket job entails
and you successfully pulled it off by yourself!
After a few hrs of operation (post head gasket job) on mine, I readjusted valves, found a few a little tight.
Now let's see some progress on the camper conversion!