• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have air conditioning AND a running M1009!

andytk5

I know this is old but the Nostalgic Air evap box mounts over the M1009 heater box without changing the heater setup?

Question... as well... Anyway of using a GM A/C control unit instead the one you installed? as i would like to keep my voltmeter on place.. and possiblly split the defroster vents and attach the ac vents to them.. also wonder bout the possiblity in mount compressor on Driver side....

wrex

Ok, I went to the NAP site and am failing to find a complete kit for $950. Have any part numbers you can reference? Thanks!

andytk5

****, I'd settle just for the part number on that evap box that fits in there so nice! If i can find that then the rest is much easier. I'll try to call NAP tommorow and see if I can get the info on that. I'll post back here if I do.

southdave

Kip
I have one in my 1028and another yet to install in the 1009 if I don't set in it a blaze first
I been considering a rear a/c out of suburban.. the under dash 60 thing I was told will not proform as well as i expected... are you considering this kip? I could hook you up with my leftovers from a bunch of civy trucks

andytk5

I was meaning the "in dash" evap box that is in the pictures. What brand/part number is that piece since it fits over the heater box behind the dash.

Barney Fife

Blackout / service light switch relocation

20141106_232007.jpg20141106_232036.jpg
Here's how I solved the blackout light / service light issue. I recreated and resized the decal design using Microsoft PowerPoint and sent the design to Vista print.com. I used the window decal option to have the new decals created.

It took some finagling but I was able to fit both switches under the main light switch. I had to rotate the main light switch 270 degrees counterclockwise in order to make room for the blackout and service light switches.

The result is that I made room for the air vent while maintaining the overall look original switch location.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks