• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have joined the club ! And yes I have lost my mine !

1951M1078

Just a note. The lift system has been tested and it works. But not to my standers. Going to rework it and see if I can make it work better. Don't try to build it this way .

1951M1078

The main problem was the cable,pulley system lifting a different speeds and jamming. It was a 4 to 1 system. It worked but not well. After more testing I came up with a system that is a 2 line to one and its 2 to 1 . The big problem was trying to get 2 lines to wind on the drum of the winch at the same time. Their maybe a way but I just don't know it ! LOL What I did was turn the 2 lines into 1. Will test it more and do some more welding and we will see ?

Last edited:

Reworked LMTV

The main problem was the cable,pulley system lifting a different speeds and jamming. It was a 4 to 1 system. It worked but not well. After more testing I came up with a system that is a 2 line to one and its 2 to 1 . The big problem was trying to get 2 lines to wind on the drum of the winch at the same time. Their maybe a way but I just don't know it ! LOL What I did was turn the 2 lines into 1. Will test it more and do some more welding and we will see ?

I had one of those HF winches. Gave it to a friend. It seemed to struggle a lot. I have 2 HF 5k winches and a 18k, and they are great.

1951M1078

I have used 3 of the 2500 lbs. and only problem was the brake system on one. Would not hold very well at 1 to 1. with 1000 lbs. And their very noisy ! With just the lift its at about 300 lbs so the pull is 150 lbs. Max test is with my fat ass (about 200+-). With no brake problems.

Reworked LMTV

I have used 3 of the 2500 lbs. and only problem was the brake system on one. Would not hold very well at 1 to 1. with 1000 lbs. And their very noisy ! With just the lift its at about 300 lbs so the pull is 150 lbs. Max test is with my fat ass (about 200+-). With no brake problems.
[/QUOTE
A lot of people assume they can straight lift vertically the rated weight. In fact, they are rated for pulling laterally. You have to fight gravity more with a vertical lift which equates to more #'s.