• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have joined the club ! And yes I have lost my mine !

ramdough

You could also leave the temperature set high and then plumb in a tempering valve. That way you have an anti scald protection and increased overall capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is funny is it is on both sides hot and cold ?
Are you saying you get hot water from both spigots? I'm guessing the reason for this is that, per this drawing, you feed your bypass loop of heated water back into the cold water tank:

This would suggest you're heating all the water in your system.

1951M1078

No it just better flow both hot and cold.

And yes the by-pass water will bring the temp up in the main water tank.
With luck I will only need to run the by-pass for a short time.

Last edited:

1951M1078

Thanks

The steel is 3/16" and must weight 60+ lbs.
Almost more than I can pickup ! LOL

I wanted it to be able to take the tire coming apart.

1951M1078

Got the heater running,all be it a temp setup.

WOW ! just WOW.

Its just a little power house. At 5:45 pm I started it and ran it till 7:15. Back door was opened for part of that time ? My BAD!
From 55 deg. to 72 deg. No roof insulation (its Alum )and only 1/2 of the walls done with 1 1/2". Walls are 1/2" Glass and plywood and glass ( glass is.045 to .065 +- ). Outside temp 56 deg.

Inside (heater is mounted their ) little to no sound on low. Out side very low exhaust sound. Little to no smell. Funny the exhaust does not smell like DIESEL ? Their is something but ???
On low I can here the pump more than the the fan ? Thump-thump-thump. With a different mount I can get that down to nothing. Just used what my heater came with.

Need to do more testing but it looks like 5.3 oz. per hour. Tank is 10 Lt. (= 2.641 Gal. ) that's about 63.78 hours . ( 2.65 days at 24x7 ) We will see. My plan (until it changes ) is to use the tow kick (under the cabinets ) to pass the heat to the mid and rear part of the truck box. ?

More to do.

IMG_6588.jpgIMG_6587.jpgIMG_6589.jpgIMG_6590.jpgIMG_6591.jpgIMG_6593.jpgIMG_6594 (1).jpg

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
Since this has its own fuel pump, I'm curious why you didn't run off the main fuel tank?
If the pump has enough lift capability, the tank return line is a safe place to T into. The pickup is about 4" off the bottom, that way it can't run the tank dry.

coachgeo

Since this has its own fuel pump, I'm curious why you didn't run off the main fuel tank?
If the pump has enough lift capability, the tank return line is a safe place to T into. The pickup is about 4" off the bottom, that way it can't run the tank dry.
at 7mpg..... heck don't look a gift horse in the mouth LOL.... use the tank provided. though can see a small pump and a sight glass or guage to fill it from main tank before you fill your tanks at fuel station

1951M1078

It will burn (on low ) 5.33 oz's per hour.
The tank holds 2.64 gal's (10 Lt's )
Running 24 / 7 ,that's about 2.64 days
With a spare 5 gal can that would be about 7 1/2 days.

Being in AZ the only time is would run 24/7 would be in the winter up north.
Need to find a timer control that can be program-ed for on and off times.
Not sure what the number of on/off events can be set on what's out their ?
My control is on or off and Low to high only.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks