• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have joined the Goat herd

combat32

I have agreed to buy Warthogs Goat, will pick it up Thursday. Meanwhile I found a parts Goat close to me that I can get super cheap but it's gonna be a difficult recovery for sure. More to follow when I get my Goat home from Okie City. Here are a couple of pics of the parts truck,

Attachments

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Could not happen to a nicer guy! Looks like you will have hours of fun on the rebuild, Tom!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Warthog's looks like a lot less work than the parts Goat :)

I can't say enough about how much easier the steering is in mine after switching to the JD Cornhead grease. Plus the fact the steering box doesn't leak now.

dmetalmiki

Wish you luck and all positive vibes in the completion of you recovery and acquisition. We have molly grease in our steering box, no leaks and good steering.

combat32

Sorry Mark , got it home Thursday evening with no troubles. Joe had it loaded on the trailer when I got there, we threw on the exta goodies and I was off. I stopped a couple of times to check my tie downs but all was good all the way home, long day of driving and of corse the next day at work was another 12 hour day.

Haven't had much time to mess with her except to get her off the trailer, started some cleanup tonight, so far I have pulled about 60 pounds of oak leaves out of the hull, looks like about 100 to go:shock:found 2 drain plugs down there though!

Steering is not too bad so there must be something in there still, btw I got the tube of grease thanks again Mark! So far missing a lot of little odds and ends, looks like the previous owner(previous to Joe) was putting in a new motor, got it set in and mostly hooked up and just stopped.

Tomorrow's first order of bidness is to pull off top cover on the motor and check the rack and injectors to make sure nothing is stuck, the try to roll the motor over to make sure she is not stuck. There is some oil in it and it looks clean so hopefully she will spin.

Lots of work to be done before I try to run it, will have to drop and clean both tanks, fix wiring that's jacked new oil and such plus replace all the little missing parts, motor looks like a rebuild right out of a can so hoping for the best on that, and of course no tailgate:)

More to follow as I have time, this could take a while!

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sorta bent the tailgate on my own truck, I could have sworn there wasn't nothin back there, oh well it's only money.
Don't feel bad I put a nice dent in mine loading the Goat once. I swore I closed the hitch and someone must have come along in the 2 minutes it took to start the Goat and move it onto the trailer and unlatched it again. The trailer pulled a nice wheeley and gave the tailgate a love tap.

combat32

Anyone know where I can lay hands on a real -20 TM? I have downloaded the ones here but I need clearer pics cause I am a dummy and pics help!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know where I can lay hands on a real -20 TM? I have downloaded the ones here but I need clearer pics cause I am a dummy and pics help!
I ordered all of the manuals on a disc and you can print them off of that but finding an actual hard copy might be difficult. Typically what I do is find the section I need and just print those pages. Saves on printer ink and I don't have to thumb through a whole stack while I'm working on something.

Last edited:

combat32

Sounds good, well looks like motor is stuck,:-| and one of the head bolts was taken out for some reason? Maybe the previous owner was gonna pull the head for some unknown reason, I have used diesel down the cylinders before to unstick a motor, I am sure there are many different ways.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks