• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I hope you don't mind.

ian001

I just thought I'd pop in & say hello from South West England, I have a forum much like this but with mostly UK members.

My vehicle is a 1980 Airportable Land Rover FFR known as Katy.

Katy served in the first gulf war with the Queens Gurkha signals who were part of the 30 signal regiment who made up part of the first armoured division.

Cheers
Ian

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: I hope you don

Welcome to Steel Soldiers :beer:

There are several guys here from your side of the pond.

Cool pics!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: I hope you don

Looks great and welcome, I love the British people and thanks for sticking with us in this war too, it is only appropriate that the British are in Basra since they freed that town in WW II. God bless you and visit often.

ian001

I've spent £600 plus fitting all the radio gear, I've just taken out the 344 set (manpack) & fitted a 351 (manpack), I've also fitted an initiate box & TUAAM unit to run the 351 through one of the side mounted antennae, just a few more cables to find & all the radio gear will be working.

Thanks for your interest guys.

Cheers
Ian

ian001

Sorry, I didn't answer your questions.

Firstly I've not heard of yahoo pinz, what is it?

Secondly, You can find these in the states, a friend of mine in PA has one that he's restoring, you could always buy one over here & import it to the states, or even get a dutch lightweight, they're left hand drive & they are fitted with diesel engines.

Cheers
Ian

ian001

Cheers chaps, I'm looking into a new project now, I'm after an Austin K9 radio truck from the 1950s, I'll let you know when I have one.

ian001

I've had some strange luck, while out & about for remembrance day I met a guy who served in the first gulf war, we got deeper into conversation & we discovered that he drove/used my vehicle in the gulf & he thinks he might have pictures, I find this very freaky, a guy that lives 2 miles away used my vehicle in the gulf 17 years ago & we met on remembrance day.

Other news, I decided to sell off my collection of militaria to buy an Austin K9, in 6 weeks I've raised £1000 ($2000+) & I still have a ton of stuff to sell, if this keeps up I will have a K9 & be ready to rally by the 2008 show season, I'll post pictures when I've got it.

Cheers
Ian

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks