• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I hope you don't mind.

Sarge

Welcome!

Welcome Ian!
Always good to have Brits on SS, very happy that you found us!
Although I am now retired from the US military, I also served in the British military for a few years, mostly fighting Tong in Hong Kong and trying to stay alive in Northern Ireland, those were dark days.
Born in Lincoln, raised in Cornwall (Dad in the RAF). You gave your location as 'South West England', could you narrow it down a bit? I went to school in Newquay, most of my family is still in Cornwall. I get back home every year or two. Thank goodness for our free MAC flights! The military lets me grab an empty seat to Germany or England from Texas whenever I feel like a good cup of tea and some really greasy fish and chips! Crap! Now I want to go!
Later....
-Sarge

ian001

RE: Welcome!

Sarge, I'm in south Devon, the town I live in is the very popular holiday resort of Paignton, great, I'm in the middle of cooking cottage pie but I fancy fish & chips now, next time you're down in Cornwall let me know & we can meet up for a cup of tea & fish & chips.

Cheers
Ian

1943ht

Ian .. Welcome... great ride... I used the Defender (Land Rover) in East Africa... great vehicles and very durable... My OPS Officer in Africa was a Scotsman, COL Andrew Campbell. Brilliant officer with a wonderful sense of humor and a short temper (Not one to suffer fools)... used to give him a huge amount of grief when he wore his Kilt at dress functions. He always took it in stride especially since it was coming from a "Colonial".

"God Save The Queen"
//Vr//
Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks