• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I installed keyless door locks on the 932

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After wanting to try this for some time, I finally got it accomplished this weekend. I contemplated installing it several ways but this seemed to work just fine and wasn't too much trouble. I ordered a 4 door central lock kit remote control conversion from Amazon and 2 barrel bolt locks. Around $30 total. The pictures should explain how everything went in. I added a safety to unlock the doors from the inside just in case the Chinese made actuator decided to quit while in the truck.

20160731_141349.jpg

This is how it's mounted but flipped and installed on the inside of the door. I welded a nut on the end to connect the actuator.

20160731_150704.jpg

This is my safety override wire in case someone gets locked in with a bad actuator.

20160731_161807.jpg

Installed and complete. Just drill a hole in the door jamb and install the cover plate.[h=1][/h]

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does it go "chirp chirp" when you hit the lock button? :mrgreen:

Nice install. You running it off 12v or 24v?

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you talking about the actuator and lock? Both pieces actually go inside the door. The wire for the safety trip exits the door just above the cab weld structure within easy reach.
I understand now, the light just came on. Thanks

74M35A2

Nice job. I really value feature creativity. How did you do the wire through the hinge area? Or did you go with button type contacts that mate when closed?

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job. I really value feature creativity. How did you do the wire through the hinge area? Or did you go with button type contacts that mate when closed?
I drilled the door and jamb and installed short sections of plastic 1/2 inch tubing. They act as a grommet and let the wire move freely into the front jamb area without folding or kinking.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am still waiting for a button you push and the hood goes up.
Well, you might see it in the near future. Not before the rally though. I've got to many other projects in the way right now.

I picked up a 24v MRAP linear actuator from my surplus guy last month just for this purpose. It'll be power up and power down. That's as far as I've gotten and all I'm going to say until I make it happen. :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks