• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I just bought a Deuce!

bryan70546

Anyone want to sell some guages? I'd like to have them when I go pick it up so I can watch temp and such.
Hey Buddy i am in lake charles , and have some complete gauge sets shoot me a pm and let me know something i am offshore at the moment but will be home on the 7th.
Very nice truck .
Bryan

ctmustang

Really looks nice. You will need gauges to keep air up or either plug the hose and it would be nice to be able to keep an eye on things. I have seen some gauge clusters on Egay.[thumbzup]

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't believe they ripped out all the guages. They did that in other states also (NC maybe). I hope that is not the future, because guages will become very expensive.

Other than that, it looks like you got a nice truck, better than normally come out of Ft Polk. You also need the air, oil, speedometer and tach guages to safely drive it without risking blowing the engine.

progun

Thanks for the help already! I can see I'm in with a great group! I got it in Fort Polk. Got her for $1700.00!

redthegreendog

Gage removal is a new DOD code they are trying. Most are painted with Radium to make them glow in the dark.

i figure the though behind it is to keep terrorists from buying all these trucks and building a durty bomb will all the radium scrapings. :?

Duson is near Lafayette. Good to know that, it's only about 25-30 miles from me. Not a lot of members out here on the Cajun Prairie, so it's nice to find someone near here.

LongueCarabine

Unforgiven

i figure the though behind it is to keep terrorists from buying all these trucks and building a durty bomb will all the radium scrapings. :?
Yeah, those darned terrorists win all the GL auctions! Don't seem to have any problems with EUC's & SF97's either. :rolleyes:

But seriously, you make a good point. Radium is no longer used in wrist watches b/c of the health concerns. Chances are the DOD didn't want any future headache lawsuits from the civilian sector once the trucks were let go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks