• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I just bought a M135CDN not running

nineyards

Thank you, thank you I have a pooched moter and was woundering about an up grade moter / tranny that has bin done already ptus air bags as apposed too a ton of leaf springs that this machine is blessed with .I work in earth works and was hoping the piece could be put in service as a powder truck and oh yea thank you plowboy026.jpg

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G-749 Re-engine

If you're carrying powder you may be interested in the jet mounted version.:-D

Gunfreak25 has a thread going on for a 6.2 conversion, I've got a 400 horse 350 I'll try some day and if you dig deep there are some great stories from some of the G749 pioneers on every combination imaginable.

I'm the only air-bag I know anything about but with the on-board compressor and 2 air-tanks, anything is possible. That's an addition that would be neat to see.

Here's an archive link I dug up with the search term "steel soldiers early deuce archive".

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/archive/index.php/f-18.html

Attachments

nineyards

There is a half inch difference in the width of a old kenworth frame I have to the m135cdn I'm hopping to swap over the moter and bogies to the m135cdn or the cab to the kenworth ... Any thoughts on this dumb idea?

nineyards

I know the voices in my head aint real ..... but some of the ideas sure almost make sence one of the voices said put it up fo sale and buy a newer diesiel 6x6 running ...thinking of going on a road trip to the U.S. son and grand kids live in Indianapoliis so between vancouver BC and there are there any good war machines ?

tburk49760

Funny thing how those voices drive us around in circles sometimes isn't it? The voices in my head confuse me all the time. While looking for super single tires for my XM 215, I found a heckuva deal on a more modern M35 with super singles on it. Strangely enough, I could've purchased this whole truck for about what it would cost me to purchase tires and wheels to convert mine. Then I start start thinking that maybe I should give up on my project and like you buy a newer one, parts would be more readily available and blah blah blah but I like my old cranky truck.

YkDave

If your into 'projects' and dont mind the challenge, then i would say go for the engine swap!

Of course, in the end it may not be 'worth it' as far as costs and effort goes, but that doesnt always mean its not worth the experience

In the end, of course its going to be easier, and likely cheaper to just buy a newer truck. but whats the fun in that?

nineyards

everet 018.jpgpush :burn:rod:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:s bent stuck valves but I got them free (the valves) still looking for rods
everet 005.jpgeveret 019.jpgeveret 020.jpgeveret 015.jpgfloor with rust holes but mostly good can patchRust holes in floor but not bad going to patch them cab oneveret 017.jpg:deadhorse:
If it wont fire its getting scrapped

nineyards

I just finished banging on the stuck valves like a chimpanzzzz ....that aint working !!!! well kinda but two are stuck down.... fully depressed (the springs) not me Im happy,happy,happy the rest are free oh yea six were frozen like my tung to the screen door in winter. Put a couple a batteris in the old girl and all the front lights came on and I pulled this lever that said {PULL TO START} and it turned over ....just the sound of it turning over sounds cool.

cmpman

You can try a slidehammer on the stuck valves to bring them back up. Unfortunately, with the springs compressed and the other valves still in place, it may be hard to get anything to grip the caps with a lot of force.

Gaskets are available, and pulling the head will let you clean up the valves right. If you waste too much time pounding at the valves, you may have been just as well off timewise pulling the head.

YkDave

i Agree, if they are stuck that bad, you should really pull the head. Alpha heaven has the complete gasket kits for $100 (just did mine), which is money well spent, VS beating the crap out of the valves and not getting anywhere!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks