• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I just stepped up a little from a m37 to a M923

I hope i did well ..I just traded a 1954 dodge m37 for a 1984 923. Runs very well. I wished it had the 1400 x 20 tires on it... Can anyone shed some light on this style of truck. i like the 250 cummins. The trans snaps into gear nice.. The guy that owned it didn't seem to know anything about trucks( very nice guy ).i saw the maxi brake out when he pulled in to deliver it... I didn't smell brake s so i figured she had been never pushed in when he drove it... Has wedge brakes. Why wedge why not s cam brakes... The truck is in very good condition... i figured i had about $7500 in the m37..I am happy with the deal...Any pros and cons. I'm a truck mechanic by trade so I'm not scared to dive in... I don't have any pictures yet... Have i posted in the correct spot for this truck

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I hope i did well ..I just traded a 1954 dodge m37 for a 1984 923. Runs very well. I wished it had the 1400 x 20 tires on it... Can anyone shed some light on this style of truck. i like the 250 cummins. The trans snaps into gear nice.. The guy that owned it didn't seem to know anything about trucks( very nice guy ).i saw the maxi brake out when he pulled in to deliver it... I didn't smell brake s so i figured she had been never pushed in when he drove it... Has wedge brakes. Why wedge why not s cam brakes... The truck is in very good condition... i figured i had about $7500 in the m37..I am happy with the deal...Any pros and cons. I'm a truck mechanic by trade so I'm not scared to dive in... I don't have any pictures yet... Have i posted in the correct spot for this truck

There is a guy south of you in New Jersey with a set of 7 14.00s for sale all are nearly new. His listing is in the classified section.

grendel

I think we can come up with tires more locally for you. I am in Chester. I am out of town right now, but Jeep Nasty and I are both local.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post some pictures. Check your fluids, change the cartage style engine oil filter out for a spin on filter, I have the adapter kit & filter listed in the classified. Make future filter changes a breeze. Check the engine coolant PH and add SCA if needed. Other than that, check all the usual stuff, belts, and lube it.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's not a maxi-brake. It is supposed to be out. It is only pushed in as an emergency spring brake over ride. Your spring brake is set by the manual e-brake handle with a built in air switch.

74M35A2

Yep. Look into the dual fuel line mod and its results. Fuel button lower # too after you have an EGT gauge. Great sounding engine. Don't use transfer case "LO" and reverse to pull a load.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks