• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I just won a M101A3!

DesertRunner

That's Great!!! I also FINALLY won an M 101A3. I've been trying for over 6 mos. The price keeps getting higher, but today I prevailed. Only had to go slightly over my $300 limit

Jay

bob95065

I have a 1997 Dodge Ram 3/4 ton 4x4 diesel. I think that will pull it.

BTW do I need to get a pintle hitch and riser? How much higher do I need to go to get the trailer level? I am trying to figure out which pintle hitch setup to buy.

Ripcord01

Congrats.. As far as pintle you can get them anywhere. Walmart sells em. as far as the plate you can never go wrong with getting the tallest one available.:grd:

DesertRunner

my pics from GL
Image2.jpgImage3.jpgImage4.jpg
I guess this means ... Road Trip!!!rofl I bought mine from the Wisconsin........ I,ve been to Ft Meade and they were great, does anyone know what the Sparta Wi people/location is like?
Jay

Last edited:

DesertRunner

EUC came thru yesterday, 9 days to clear and over a holiday at that. Road trip to begin on Sunday. Drive up (12 hrs approx) on Sunday pick up Monday morning and drive home I must be :cookoo:

Jay

Edit: this OD addiction is almost as bad as my Jeep addiction

toddm

I have a 1997 Dodge Ram 3/4 ton 4x4 diesel. I think that will pull it.

BTW do I need to get a pintle hitch and riser? How much higher do I need to go to get the trailer level? I am trying to figure out which pintle hitch setup to buy.
When I went to preview the trailers I measured the tongue on the trailer at 26". My stock hitch is at 16", so I fabricated an 8" riser plate with a combination 2" ball and pintle assembly. 8" was all I could go without tailgate interference on my Avalanche. I notice a slight forward rake with this set-up as it is set at 24" but it's all I could do. My EUC cleared so fast I thought I'd have at least a month to fabricate the hitch assembly, guess not.:roll: The EUC only took 7 days to clear. I didn't even get a chance to paint it!

Attachments

Last edited:

number9

Good looking trailer! They're nice aint they? I love mine. If you replace those huge 37" tires and runflats with some 33" tires it'll sit a bit lower and be prob 100# lighter. Search for a thread by me about lowering the landing gear, easy to do and it'll crank all the way down on your truck [thumbzup]

bubbahana

EUC came thru yesterday, 9 days to clear and over a holiday at that. Road trip to begin on Sunday. Drive up (12 hrs approx) on Sunday pick up Monday morning and drive home I must be :cookoo:

Jay

Edit: this OD addiction is almost as bad as my Jeep addiction
Ar you going to be picking up in Sparta? I will be picking up my M101A3 Tuesday with a couple buddies.[thumbzup]

3dAngus

Tractor Supply has a number of pintle hitches too. They are cheaper than Northern Tool. I didn't know Wal Mart had them. I cannot find on their website. Never seen them, but it doesn't mean they are not there. I probably need to get out of town and find me one of those Wal Mart superstores in lieu of my little one here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks