• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

i know not another tire question

72m35a2

sorry but i have a 72 m35a2 for past 8 years did a working type restoration when i bought it its been road legal since i drive it often on paved roads
over last year i have hauled 25 loads of rock from quarry 5-6 tons at a time. hauling on a 55 mph hilly road some hills have me down to 5 mph lots of twin sticking
my stock 9.00x20 ndt tires are getting bad i would love to get some Mrap wheels with 395 michleins for better speed,lower rpm,s and better wear life my rock hauling is done
before i call a bunch of places to get prices i would like to make sure this is a good idea and can i get the wheels/tires and adapters for 1k $ a wheel? or am i looking at more?
the old M35a2 has provided me with great reliability thanks

72m35a2

You can get everything for a lot less than $1000 a wheel and shipping rates are down right now too.

thats good news thank you anyone know the best place to buy entire package wheels with 90% or better Michelin 395 85 r20 mounted, adapters and shipping ? a straight bolt on package would be great to know who to call to buy complete package without any B.S
thanks again

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just type what your looking for on the internet seach engine and it will pop up. MRAP rims are cheap adapters a little more and tires can go as high as you wanna pay. Just use really strong bolts to bolt them on.

72m35a2

Where in MO are you?
south of st.louis midwest miltary equipment is fairly close to me i contacted them not to long ago about wheels/tires they seemed not very interested maybe because i sent a email wheels/tires on your truck is exactly what i want. i was wondering about bolts for spacers to mrap wheels
what size do i need and i will need 60 of them right? was hoping i could get everything in a package deal

Reactions: 98G

72m35a2

Guys running mrap’s what valve stem are u using on rears? . The little 1” straight one is completely blocked by drum/hub assembly
Thanks for any advice

ToddJK

Mine has the short valve stems and all of them are on the outside of the tire, same as the ctis, very easy to get too.

72m35a2

Mine has the short valve stems and all of them are on the outside of the tire, same as the ctis, very easy to get too.
Thanks. All my rims the stem is inside from the Bead lock bolts. The bead lock bolts just clear enough for rim to bolt on. Only way to get to stem is unbolt the wheel. They face inside. Do u have a pic ? I will try to get a pic of mine. Thanks

Last edited:

72m35a2

My stems are right in the middle of 2 adapter bolts so in that circle. These are the rears where dished Side Is out so valve stem faces drum

72m35a2

I better add these are aluminum Mrap and the valve stem threads diameter is about 1/2”
So guessing these are non CTIS rims
So 1/2” hole for valve stem is in the center between where the 10 bolts are for adapters

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks