• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

i know not another tire question

ToddJK

All of my rims are turned facing out like your front tires with the valve stem easily accessible. Do you have your rear rims turned around? That may explain why the valve stem is blocked by the drum. I have the same, MRAP rims with adapter plates. I'm pretty sure they are all CTIS compatible. If your rear tires stick out further than the front tires if the rims are flipped around, then the hubs need to be flipped, though I would think that's noticable due to the lugs sticking way out for super singles.

Attachments

Last edited:

72m35a2

the rims are from 98g m35a2. The rears are turned around. Deep side out or dished out the way they are is the way 98g had them but he doesn’t remember ever putting air in them

as they are now. Hubs not flipped they seem almost perfect with the fronts this way. If I flip the hubs and having the flat side out in rear will it then line up width wise to fronts ?

flipping the hubs is that the only option I have to have access to valve stem please advise

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My hubs weren't flipped. They were dish out.

I never noticed the lack of valve stem access because I never had a low tire and never had to add air.

I speculate that a 90* valve stem extension would resolve it.

Flipping the hubs (a non-trivial amount of work) should allow for running them dish in with the same track width. The last truck I used aluminum MRAP rims and adapter plates on, I flipped the hubs. I don't recall if they were exactly the same rims., but I'm thinking they were.

A pic of them while they were on my truck -

Attachments

72m35a2

I just found a thread from 2014. It’s all in there
Dished out I guy did by drilling and tapping a new hole for stem in dish. Flipping hubs is the only other way to get to valve stem if u don’t drill for stem in dish. I will probably flip hubs though

ToddJK

I'm pretty sure all the hubs on mine are flipped, which is how the rims are all flat side out and all the rear tracks with the front. @Godspeed131, he had the truck set up that way when I bought it, so perhaps he might chime in to verify if that's correct.

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea that’s correct I flipped the hubs when it was swapped over to singles. Coming from other members, flipping hubs also centers the loads across the bearings. Hub swaps are also great time to Insp for all those unseen hidden surprises, checking for bearing and race wear, seals deteriorating, leaking wheel cylinders, cracking wheel studs, and the list goes on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks