• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I Looked at My first 5 Ton Today

Blind Driver

I went out Saturday to look at a M54 w/w and a M291A2C wo/w. Both were in nice almost rust free shape. I mostly only did a visual and started the M54.

How much exhaust smoke is typical with the multi-fuel? It smokes like it was trying to kill mosquitoes, but it wasn't as bad when warmed up. Still smoked, but I was assuming pretty typical. Engine sounded really good.

I really liked both trucks. :D

I'm guessing it's possible to mount a fifth wheel to the M54? I need a tractor soon, but can't find a decent truck at a reasonable price near me. The M54 is reasonably priced and would make a nice project for me this year.

wascomatw74

if you go to mt washington take the old road to the middle of town. his name is bryan cook i think. on the right as you go up the hill. he usually has trucks reasonable . he had an 800 series tractor a while back.can also check with roger in brandenburg he is known on steel soldiers. guy in flemingsburg is also on steel soldiers

Blind Driver

if you go to mt washington take the old road to the middle of town. his name is bryan cook i think. on the right as you go up the hill. he usually has trucks reasonable . he had an 800 series tractor a while back.can also check with roger in brandenburg he is known on steel soldiers. guy in flemingsburg is also on steel soldiers
I've been by there in the past, but I didn't know he was still selling them. But that was probably 6 years ago about the time the surplus store wwlent out of business.

Contact number for the others would be appreciated.

Blind Driver

I was driving south on I65 through Louisvile. Guess what I saw!!

Looked like a pristine M52 in the north bound lane on a lowboy aua

I'm reasonable sure it wasn't being delivered to my place :(

m816

I've hauled a ten and twenty ton tag a long trailer with everything from a M114 to a deuce on them behind M54"s. Speed ranges from 40 to 50/54 loaded. The five tons haul the trailer just fine. They are a little rough trying to park in some squirrley places due to their length but far easier to handle than a deuce with the same trailers. The power steering makes the difference. The large bed leaves plenty of room to haul the other necessites to and Sleeping room to spare.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks