• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I love my wrecker!

Andy1234

Short synopsis:
  • bought a milling machine in OH
  • drove to OH, picked up milling machine
  • drove home
  • unloaded mill (2300 lbs) in less then 4 minutes with my M816
Best thing since sliced bread.

Andy

Attachments

mcmullag

hey toto look at dis

wow! my birfplace was St. Louis and I served a 45 yr term there,
but hey, looking at the background of your pics, you got some steelsoldiers,
there, dawg. Cool! Tanks for posting the pics.

Nonotagain

Nice looking wrecker and nice 1 1/2hp Bridgeport. Variable speed head, 42" table with an "X" axis power feed.

I don't own a M816, but I have moved a few Bridgeport milling machines, and know them quite well.

Good luck with the milling machine purchase and keep the pictures coming.

dozer1

looking at the background of your pics, you got some steelsoldiers,
there, dawg. Cool! Tanks for posting the pics.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking on these lines too. I am sure that wrecker would be a handy outfit

OLDCHEV4X4

I guess this means it paid for itself.

"Honey, I have to move my milling machine, so I'm gonna have to buy a M816 Honey.":jumpin:

You get bonus points for buying a American made milling machine.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man I really need to read up on how to properly operate mine so I can have some fun with it!

JUNKYARDJOHN

I want one of those in the worst way. I don't have a single use for one, but I NEED one bad. I have a 69 c-30 that I've had for 13 years, & I absolutely love it.... but I NEED an 816. :p John (nice bridgport too.. I was a toolmaker all my life)

Last edited:
I too hope to join the ranks of Wrecker owners, someday. I have a dream! I could find plenty of uses for one, but even if I did'nt thats fine too. I want one and thats all the justification I need to get one! Nice Pics! And nice collection! Thanks for posting!!![thumbzup]

vtdeucedriver

Just out of curiosity, what's the maximum extension of the boom? Is it large enough to change a roof-mounted air conditioner?
No unless its a one level dwelling and even then, your not going to get it where you want to put it on a building. But if you wanted to lift one and put it on a trailer................ist all there for ya!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks