• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I made a mistake

ICAT

I posted a link to an ebay auction and another member quickly told me about the rules. I revisited the rules because I haven't read them in awhile. Yup I messed up. I do have a question.

Can I post without linking an auction by giving a vendor name or the name of the item being auctioned?

Chief_919

I posted a link to an ebay auction and another member quickly told me about the rules. I revisited the rules because I haven't read them in awhile. Yup I messed up. I do have a question.

Can I post without linking an auction by giving a vendor name or the name of the item being auctioned?
Generally no, the auction police will get you.

If you have questions best is to save the pictures to your computer and upload them here.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Or PM a member to ask. Most guys frown on posting auctions. I can understand it, I've done it myself.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could post an ebay sellers profile link. But, unless you are trying to provide an immediate place for someone to purchase an item, it may get ugly. I understand it seems to be "anti-helpful" but too many people complained back when we did allow e bay item links. The site has grown and a few things have changed as it grew.

PM the info, and nobody should complain.

One other though you may not have considered is, ebay links eventually go dead. That leaves useless threads for the future.

also, please try to post in the appropriate forum!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup:doh:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks