• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need a cheep 24v battery for my m37 florida

bubba_got_you

I need a cheep 24v battery for my m37 so I can work on the engine and will get a new one when done so if someone has a battery they want to get rid of and are in Florida let me know. :D

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Bubba - you have a 24 volt system - not a 24 volt battery. The M37 needs two twelve volt batteries wired in series.
That means you need a crossover cable to connect the batteries. Warning!! the 24 volt system will fry something if you do it wrong or contact metal when connecting the batteries.

If you need help connecting the batteries - enter the mess tent chat room and the fellers will help you out.

CGarbee

RE: Re: RE: I need a cheep 24v battery for my m37 florida

The stock system uses a pair of 2HN batteries (military) that are pricey... As said, go to your favorite local battery store and pick up a pair that will fit in the box. You can stuff a pair of group 24's in the box but they are very tight... Get some slightly smaller. :)

I'm currently running Optima redtops in mine, but I tend to bounce my truck around offroad and wanted a battery that was a tad more rugged than the generic off the shelf batteries.

Hm2klie

RE: Re: RE: I need a cheep 24v battery for my m37 florida

Optima batteries hold up great to hard use and abuse you should think about them after you get your rig up and running :x

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If space is a problem for two batteries I have a single military 24 volt battery that I bought for the chemical shelter trailer.
If you, or anyone you know, are going the the Mobile, Al, show next weekend and you want it I will bring it with me.
I'll take 50 bucks for it. It was used very little since I scrapped the trailer.

Capt.Marion

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
I bought a single 24 volt battery for my generator it was a bit pricey though. I like the affordable route especially if you have room for two 12 volts.
2 12s should work fine. That's what I've got in mine. Then you can just separate them and use a normal 12v charger for charging, and for working in the battery box you don't need a strong yet thickheaded in-law or forklift to get the battery out.

1956_4x4

wreckerman893 said:
If space is a problem for two batteries I have a single military 24 volt battery that I bought for the chemical shelter trailer.
If you, or anyone you know, are going the the Mobile, Al, show next weekend and you want it I will bring it with me.
I'll take 50 bucks for it. It was used very little since I scrapped the trailer.
Where can I find out some more info on the Mobile show?

Smitty

papercu

battery

The 24v battery (4HN) is only rated @ 21 Amp hrs. great for cranking generators and other small engines.
Each 12v jeep battery (2HN) is rated @ 45 Amp hrs. Wayne

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks