• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need a couple M151 rims

mp_tx

Getting ready to work on my M416 and found that both are pretty rusty, and one is very bent. Beyond repair bent. Cannot find anything local. would love to find 2 and keep my one servicable one as a spare. Willing to pay shipping. Thanks guys.

vtdeucedriver

Getting ready to work on my M416 and found that both are pretty rusty, and one is very bent. Beyond repair bent. Cannot find anything local. would love to find 2 and keep my one servicable one as a spare. Willing to pay shipping. Thanks guys.
Head over to the G838.org site and post that your looking. Plenty of M151 guys from texas in there. If you still cant find 2, I got a couple that I can box up.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For Sale Ads and/or Want Ads are NOT allowed to be posted in the forums.

Technically, as the way Chris worded/explained it(his rule), this thread was ok. Not a wtb ad.

The whole selling/wtb in the forums rule is a big pain in the ass. If I could remove that banner at the top of every page, I probably would, just to save an hour every day...

If you guys would let up a little, maybe it'd be a bit easier.;)

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everybody on this site WANTS something, help, advise, parts, info, friendship, etc...

Simply put, the rules say not to post WTB or F/S ads in the forums.

Chris wanted everyone to tell a nice story with some project meat, and then have you ask along the way through your project to post your needs. (I told him thats not realistic and everyone here is not a "writer". I explained it will be a management nightmare to control this rule with that desire. I told him the line is too gray, to call) I "argued it" and I lost.

Have you guys seen that? I have. And I still try to uphold the rule that I dont agree with and feel is a nightmare to enforce. It has made members fight, it has pissed of memebrs to the point that they leave. It takes counless hours of moderators time to "manage". It does not serve the needs of the site(to help each other).

I was told it was not negotiable, it's the rule. I see the need for a classified section. I also see the need for posting your needs when they need discussion, advise, information, help.

So, like I said, lighten up. Don't title your thread or start it with WTB, or FS.

Last edited:

RealCavDog

Well, the title of the post IS " I need a couple M151 rims ", followed by an offer to pay shipping, from a brand spankin' new 3 post member, not to mention a comment about building post count, . . . so I guess I could see where the confusion started ! 2cents

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
mine as well lower the post count back to 5, and delete the "auto renew" that would make thing better. so even if its a new member that posts an ad and never returns, the ad will be gone it 2 months.

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, carefully read this thread and tell me, is it a WTB or need info/help thread? Nobody told the OP to follow the rule at the top of every page!

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/69516-deuce-starter-model-number.html#post844698

Are you seeing the GRAY area yet?

nope, hes asking for part numbers or a place to find them.

this thread is about a person wanting to get some parts from another member.

so the threads are different and this one looks more like a WTB......

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tell Mangus, he's the only one(besides Chris) that can modify that. The classifieds and the Site was supposed to see a major change/upgrade months or years ago(I've lost track).

I remember tell Mike that the "new" classifieds needed alot of improvements. I also recall him saying, at least the crap is off the forums now... Shoot, I recall asking Mike to put a Classifieds link visible on the top of the page, for over a year...

Derrick, you can make all the suggestions you want, but it's a waste when nothing changes...

I think you better just enjoy what you have now. Please try to be helpful and keep a positive attitude with all members, at all times.(I know, even I slip there occasionally)

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
nope, hes asking for part numbers or a place to find them.

this thread is about a person wanting to get some parts from another member.

so the threads are different and this one looks more like a WTB......

never said anything about buying from a member or elsewhere.

fwiw, this is not your rule to enforce, or your site to enforce rules on. Help is appreciated, but do so politely.

As for this rule and this thread/OP, drop it. It's now wasted a few more hours of our lifes, with no resolution.

RealCavDog

It seems as if the Deuce example contains much more information gathering and opens up a discussion that would be very useful long term and to the benefit of many other members in the future, but I do see your very valid point !

A slippery slope indeed. As I have read through almost every classified, I am amazed at the number of ads several years old with comments from folks upset about no return contact , is it still available, or other similar complaints !

That " Auto Renew " idea just brought up would surely help a few issues ! IMHO !

I for one, would LOVE to see more classifieds, as long as they are current !

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
never said anything about buying from a member or elsewhere.

fwiw, this is not your rule to enforce, or your site to enforce rules on. Help is appreciated, but do so politely.

As for this rule and this thread/OP, drop it. It's now wasted a few more hours of our lifes, with no resolution.

your right, its not my rule to enforce.

but its annoying to see these threads and you know it!

PM sent to both mangus and chris about lowing the required post count back down, and deleting the Auto renew....

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, enough hijacking, back to 151 rims, please.;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks