• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need a n ALTERNATOR

Mackfire68

I need an ALTERNATOR for my duece, the old one can't be rebuilt. Memphis in Chamberburg has one for $420.00. I only live about 30 miles away so I can easily pick it up. Does anybody have cheaper sourse??????

Attachments

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why cant the old one be rebuilt?

if your going to scrap it, let me know what model it is, and I'll give you a few bucks for it, and shipping..

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I just bought two parts deuces....will be stripping them Sat.
If you are willing to take a chance I will ship you one....if it works you can send me a MO for $100.00m plus shipping....if not pay shipping back and we'll call it even.
PM me for details.

Bigmillman

Usually the voltage regulator goes sour on these. PM me and I will get you the address to a source in Pontiac Mi. that makes them. Pop off the back cover (voltage reg) and check with a multi meter your diode trio. you should get continuity one way and not the other on all three, if so, then check your brushes and field by putting your meter on each brush thus checking conductivity through the brushes contacting the slip rings and through the field windings. If good. Then congradulations on the need for a regulator. I generally just check the condition of the brushes to make sure they look good, make sure the bearings are ok and just go ahead and replace the regulator and check the diodes. Rarely are they bad.

Bigmillman

regarding my last post. I apologise. I usually am only on this site while at work during break and I am too stupid to remember complete addresses of my contacts at prestolite otherwise I would have just posted phone numbers and addresses etc.