• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need a small part off of a parts cucv.

CCATLETT1984

I need the small "sensor" that attaches to the accelerator pedal bracket under the dash. It has a two wire connector that attaches to it, looks like a blade fuse connector.

I believe that it is only held on with one screw to the bracket.

Not sure what it does, as my truck's is broken and it still runs & drives, I think it has something to do with the STE/ICE diagnostic equipment.

ultim8gamr

I was told that that is used for better acceleration. it is supposed to kick the transmission to a lower gear when it is depressed so that the engine can get up to speed better. but i could be wrong. You probably haven't noticed any problems without it because the Diesel is slow and powerful.
John

Timbojackson

Were you able to get the part you needed yet? I purchased my CUCV from a relative who had purchased three at auction, I have one , one sold before I got there and one has severe body and driveline damage , but I have been scavaging parts from it. It's a few hours from my house but I may be going that way this weekend if your still looking.

CCATLETT1984

Timbojackson said:
Were you able to get the part you needed yet? I purchased my CUCV from a relative who had purchased three at auction, I have one , one sold before I got there and one has severe body and driveline damage , but I have been scavaging parts from it. It's a few hours from my house but I may be going that way this weekend if your still looking.
I havent ordered one yet, so If you do go, please grab it from the truck.

Where in MI are ya?

rizzo

mangus580 said:
Kickdown is very much electronic on the TH400. Cris, you should be able to find said switch at a major auto parts.
do wires hook up to the trans for this?

what does the vacum line do? up shifting only?

Timbojackson

I live near Traverse City. I apologize that I was unable to make the trip this weekend and it might be a couple of weeks till I get to go scavange the parts. I'll check with you before I go and I'll make a list of some of the good misc parts when I get there. Try to save some of them before it hits the crusher.

Timbojackson

Nope just the remains of a blazer. Its in real rough shape. I am going to try to pull the engine and most useable hard to get parts when it finally decides to warm up.

AJMBLAZER

Ah, figured as much.

Your truck isn't one of the ones from Kalkaska, is it? I heard they were getting rid of those but a friend of mine said they were pretty ugly. He's hit or miss though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks