• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need a special purpose relay, but which one?

Mohawk Dave

Hey SS,

I am running 2 fuse blocks (the Blue Sea ones here Amazon.com: 5026 ST Blade Fuse Block w/ Cover: Sports & Outdoors)

One will be powered all the time but the other one is the one in question. I want to have it be turned on by ignition. I will be running 4 gauge wire from the battery to feed the fuse block.

So what I need is a relay that has studs (not spade clips) that can accept 4 gauge 1/4 inch rings-in from battery and out to fuse block, and will allow a (approx) 10 gauge wire from the ignition to excite it.

I am not certain, but I do not think I can use a starter relay as those are meant to be intermintent, and not run for hours on end. So I need one that is (?) normally open, and will close when excited (?)

I went to Star Auto Parts, Napa, and then Auto Zone, Kragen, etc, but to no avail as we have no part numbers or anything of the sort.

Are any of you guys familiar with what I'm looking for. I am googling this now, but as I am a novice at best with relays, I'm asking for your expertise.

Thanks in advance,

Dave