• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I Need A Starter or a Rebuilt Starter

dabtl

Where do I find either a used starter for the M35a2 to rebuild or a rebuilt starter?

With the recent problems, it is a matter of time before replacement.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
NAPA, most any truck shop..Peterbilt, KW, Navistar, Cummins, Cat. Be aware, they aren't cheap!

houdel

I have two spare engines complete with starters (and alternators, air compressors, pressure plates, clutch discs, flywheels, IPs, hydraulic heads and about everything else). I haven't pulled anything off them yet (except for the pressure plates and clutch discs which are excellent). If you are interested in a used starter I can pull one or both out and have them tested. As Will put it, new ones, when you can find them, are expensive. PM me if you are interested.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: I Need A Starter or a Rebuilt Starter

My local "good ole' boy" electrical shop will rebuild them.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

I would assume so, they have done all sorts of weird stuff, like 6 volt generators for me in the past.

jeli

I asked my local rebuild shop to quote a Delco starter but 12 volt. They said $200 plus my core. Won't be waterproof but....

dabtl

Re: RE: I Need A Starter or a Rebuilt Starter

mangus580 said:
ODiron has brandy new ones I think....
I tried doing business with them, a small order only, and it was such a hassle, ending in a refund, that I will try elsewhere.

But, thanks for the tip, anyway.

CGarbee

Last starter I got for a M35A2C came from TNJ Murray... They had takeoff, rebuilt, and new (priced accordingly). I opted for takeoff and what they shipped looked more like a rebuilt unit (given the packaging, condition, paint, etc...).

I have a pair of starters in the basement that need help. One has a bad solenoid on it, the other one has a trashed Bendix...

devilman96

I tried doing business with them, a small order only, and it was such a hassle, ending in a refund, that I will try elsewhere.

But, thanks for the tip, anyway.

dabtl,

I generally do not accept direct pay pal orders to any of my email addresses, it creates to many problems with order tracking and information getting lost and or payment which get left sitting unclaimed in pay pal for days at a time. Most of what I do is as automated as possible as I am (more or less) a one man show and a working stiff like the rest of you... In the past I have always made exceptions for this with any customer that contacts me with issues at which point I manually process their order for them. I do often times ask customers to retry the process in an effort to understand what is wrong, happened or because we have a bug that needs to be worked out.

However... When I receive an order which specifically...

Does not include shipping charges...

Has no attached "item list" but is just a "blank payment" ...

and the customer has not contacted me before sending out a direct payment...

... my policy is to refund the payment to the customer and politely get back with them on why this is being done. I do this as promptly as possible so I am not tying up anyone's money with out warrant, I feel it is rude to do so as a payment can always be resent by a customer... IMHO... Sitting on a customers money with no means of processing is a bad business practice which is why I refunded your order to you when I contacted you.

As I stated in my email to you regarding Pay Pal issues... I do happily accept pay pal via their express check out service which is offered through our store. Once the link is selected a customer is automatically directed to the pay pal server via their customer information... From that point forward I have no control over what happens as everything is then running on Pay Pal's sever, not mine.

I would be happy to assist you with your order... I tested out our Pay Pal links to make sure everything was functional on our end but your your communication after I refunded your payment was you were not interested ... I am sorry you feel the way you do in regards to your experience but please do not toss me under a bus when I am in contact, politely refunding your money back to you (before you could even ask) with a proper explanation of why and offering you assistance which you then refused.

Regards,

Mike

OD Iron LLC

dabtl

It is water under the bridge and of no concern. Thank you for your attention to the matter.

dabtl

Re: RE: Re: RE: I Need A Starter or a Rebuilt Starter

CGarbee said:
Last starter I got for a M35A2C came from TNJ Murray... They had takeoff, rebuilt, and new (priced accordingly). I opted for takeoff and what they shipped looked more like a rebuilt unit (given the packaging, condition, paint, etc...).

I have a pair of starters in the basement that need help. One has a bad solenoid on it, the other one has a trashed Bendix...
I have gotten a rebuilt one locally, Waxahachie, Texas, with the assistance of John Colwell. It ran $240 delivered to my town.

John is a good guy to deal with for folks in this area.

FSBruva

It may be of no concern to you.... but the man is trying to run a business, and doesn't want comments about the quality of the shop to build up an undeserved bad name. He's just trying to set the record straight for any future customers.

Matt

papercu

starter

I have a used take-off that has been checked by the local shop as "good"
for 75.00 plus shipping from 31555. Sold as is. Wayne