• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need advice on Beadlock lnserts.

Oldsouthernboy

I am working on my lift for my M1028 and I am about done. I bought some 12 bolt hummer rims, Had the front plate CNC machined to remove the lug holes and part of the front dish so I can weld in the new stamped centers on the rim. I Have a great set of all most new 37 radials plus the PVC Inserts. At this point I have used several buckets of sweat, A few cases of cuss words, so many that there is a shortage of foul lanuage in the area stores. I just can not figure out to get the PVC run flat insert into the tires, I have tried about everything that I know and no go on inserting that PVC insert into the tire. I would like to be helped so i can get this done and up and on the road.
In case your wondering a ORD 6 inch spring lift with grease able shackles, High crossover steering, Hydro assist steering. The Rear is a 4 inch greases able shackle lift with a 2 inch block. I moved to the spare tire to the rear bumper using a Ibek Hummer spare mount. If only I can get the tires on with the bead lock inserts.

Abbylind

Someone here on SS used an engine hoist with the legs on the sidewalls of the tire and the hoist with a strap pulling the PVC insert sideways through the hole. Once he had it half way through he rotated it with prybars into place. Hope that helps Good luck sir

i simply did the following... with tire laying on ground... place pvc insert on tire standing up on edge.. ( like a display in tire stroe..) take foot and place it in center and stomp insert in...:jumpin: once its inside tire.... turn insert and it should pop in with ease..:driver: