• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need an engine moved from FL to CO.

madsam

I have one Pallet with an engine on it that needs to be moved from Brooksville, FL to Colorado Springs CO, or as close as possible. Any one coming west to Kansas City or something like that?

madsam

I have a friend going to Ohio at Christmas. Is there anyone from Florida going to Ohio?

ssgtwright-usmc

Come on now and lets try to help!
1) FL to GA
2) GA to SC
3) SC to NC
4) NC to VA
5) VA to WV
6 WV to Ohio

We must have members who are travelling North for the X-Mas Holidays.
Heck, Im sure we got members from the East coast travelling to the West coast.
Sure a straight shot would be easy but again if a drop and go drop and go is needed to get it to Ohio then lets do it.
Sure madsom would love for it to go straight to Colorado or even close to him to where he could meet and pick up.
Like to see him get his engine thru us SS members and not from some shipping company charging outragious prices.
If I was still in NC I would at least get it to VA.

madsam

Thanks, I would pay for some gas. Lets see what else comes up.

Actually Florida to almost anywhere would work.. Memphis, Kansas City, St Lewis, TX somewhere..

madsam

One thing I should point out is that it is a Detroit v8-92, so it is probably a little heavy. Maybe 1000 lbs??

madsam

Mabe I will have to buy a deuce in FL just to pick up my engine...

Edit: Man, what happened to all the truck in FL. There is nothing on GL in FL. Are they running out of trucks?

How heavy is a V8-92? 1000lbs?

madsam

Things might be changing. I might have to sell it where it is. Does anyone know who locally might be interested?

satcong

When a SS member pick's up goods & delivers them to the owner, what would a fair fee? I know that shipping Co's. charge high dollar. What would be a fair per mile rate? Steve

woodwalker

When a SS member pick's up goods & delivers them to the owner, what would a fair fee? I know that shipping Co's. charge high dollar. What would be a fair per mile rate? Steve

that would have to be determined between the two parties
is it a special trip or someplace they are allready going
sometime gas money is a fair trade.

Mike_Pop

MADSAM:

I'll be going to Colorado Springs at the end of May. If you want to get your engine up to NJ (where I am now) or anywhere along I-40 or I-70, I could take it the rest of the way. Fuel money is what I usually charge, plus a little for my time.

WOODWALKER:
How are things in Colorado? I finally delivered the stuff that was at your place to Clint in Florida. It was nice to get rid of that axle!

Mike Pop

stevo

from FLA to COL.

My kids will be in central FLA the end of feb time frame. they wil lhave a van that will be empty by the time they are comin back. IF your still in a jam, I might be able to convince them to haul it back here to KC for you.
Steve

madsam

Again, Thanks. I got a good shipment from Uship. It worked well, and is here now.

By the way, I got it done for about 550..