• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need assistance. Moving soon and Deuce doesn't wanna.

pat038536

I'm currently in the process of selling my house and I need to get my Deuce off my driveway. Somehow during the time its been parked it lost all braking function and I can't get it off the wheel chock. If there is someone nearby Sacramento area that can lend a hand I'd really appreciate it. I just need to get it to the storage place until I can either sell it or getting it running and stopping well enough for a road trip out of state.
:tigger:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Start the truck and put it in low range and back off or over the chock (at idle). Set parking brake the same instant you put the clutch in.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bleed your brakes(refill first).

How long since you moved it?

pat038536

Its been sitting a couple of years. It had working brakes when I parked it. I went to move it about 6 month ago and the brake pedal went to the floor, so I didn't move it, I would use the park brake if it functioned. I don't think the neighbors would appreciate it if I used their vehicles as a vehicle catcher.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fill the brake MC, then bleed the air pack, refill, then bleed the wheels one at the time, refilling the MC after each. If you had plenty of time, you could just fill the MC each day for a couple of weeks and the air would v-e-r-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y come back up through the system. It could take two or three months for this method to work, and it really does not sound like you have the time. Kenny's pressure bleeder idea will work if you do not have a 'soldier B' to pump the pedal.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a power bleeder I built that you can borrow. Otherwise I have a tow bar as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks