• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

i need more steering angle of my m1008's dana60

als804

hello guys
i really love my truck, most of time i drive this truck but am struggling when u-turn on the road.
because my m1008 have serious large turning radius. ( due to 37 tire? )
my 1008 steering can steer till dana 60 knuckle's stop bolt can touch the axle. ( from lock to lock ) but still small turning radius.
i wanna my lock to lock steering angle to be impreoved.
so i tried to remove the bolt of steering angle to get more steering angle. if i did this , due to dana 60 u joint's low flexibility , it's impossible to get more angle. ( of course i removed drag link to check the maximum angle )
is there anything i can do more?

i considered things to get more angle
1. trimming u joint yoke ( i saw some thread this way can get 50 maximum angle, how? )
2. replacing of u joint with cv joint. ( i heard cv joint have more flexibiltiy but seriously expensive )

is there more easy way? ex) replace axle with more angle steering, recommend axle! super dana 60?

thanks,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks