• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need my M35A2 shipped

jeremymx26

Hasson1911 and I worked out a deal for the M35A2. I am now having some difficulties having it shipped.
The company or broker should I say, have taken $200 and state they are having difficulties finding someone to transport something that large.I call them once a day to check on them in hopes they return my money. I just put it on uship.com yesterday with no offers as of yet. I've been asking around and can't find anyone to help me.
The truck is currently in Roseau,MN and I need it transported to Brownsville or Charleroi,PA.
I am really excited to get the truck but am getting frustrated with the process.
Any help would be appreciated.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
A "Hotshot" rig can carry a deuce. For the unknowing a Hotshot is a big dually pickup with a gooseneck trailer. I have hauled several deuces with the Boss Lady's Dodge and our gooseneck and if the tires on the trailer are rated for the weight there is no problem. I have even hauled a M109 with no issues. I'd check for Hotshots in your area that might be looking for a backhaul from where the truck is or a Hotshot where the truck is that is looking for a fronthaul to where you are. I had my first deuce moved by Hotshot. Good luck.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's no problem getting a deuce hauled anywhere in the continental US. What may be a problem is getting it hauled for what the broker quoted you. What brokers do is quote a job cheap and then try and find a trucker that will haul it that cheap.

What kind of money are you trying to get it hauled for?

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brian Stilwell, B&R trucking out of Flint, MI. I don't have his number handy, but it's posted elsewhere on the site. He has hauled for me a couple times. He's great to work with and so far I haven't had cheaper quotes from anyone else.

jeremymx26

Well I wasn't budgeted for much and only decided to do this after talking to my friendly broker. I could probably manage around $1500 or so but this whole process leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Well I wasn't budgeted for much and only decided to do this after talking to my friendly broker. I could probably manage around $1500 or so but this whole process leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Hindsight is always 20/20. I have passed up a lot of trucks that sold for a decent price because shipping was too high.

gunboy1656

4 years ago I had my truck shipped by TMC trucking, cost me about 730. Would have been more than double but I can in on a two load trailer so I only paid for part of the trip. Believe it cost the other truck owner another 1800 to go to York, PA

Should also say that was coming from MN to PA. Might contact Andydieselpower and see if he has anything heading this way.

Last edited:

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haulers in this area are charging $3.00 to $3.50 a loaded mile for short trips and a little less for long hauls. You can save some if you can find a trucker with no back load, no one can afford to deadhead home, but thats what the broker is supposed to do.

caliber1

I don't see it happening for that. I just lucked out and got mine hauled 1100 miles for $1750, just because he's a friend and they were in Florida. Most of the people I have talked to said figure on $2 a mile.

3rdaavbn

I have had great results with any company that has a Landall rig. They are a little more expensive at first glance, but you don't need loading and unloading at either end. Do a search on Bing on Loandall in your area, or where it is coming from. The Landall trailer uses a moving rear axle that brings the rear axles forward hydrolically and drops the rear of the trailer so it can winch the load onto the trailer at load up and then roll it off at drop off. So there is no need for other equipment rental at either end. Hope this helps, I learned this the hard way... Like everything else.

caliber1

new 002.jpgWhat he said, I did have to find a dock here to load at. The shipper had a dock at their location to unload. Something else to consider. Mine shipped on a step deck. Even with the stack about a foot taller than stock, it was fine.

HASSON1911

If we can find a drop deck that would be no problem, I have access to many public and pvt loading ramps, I just don't know how your end is Jeremy.

jeremymx26

Well I am going with Hotshots trucking who posted a thread on SS. I'm just looking to get it home now. Thankyou all for your help and suggestions.

P.S. They still needed a $200 deposit that I had trouble giving up do to the last helpful broker. HAHA

caliber1

Good luck Brother. You'll feel better once it's home. [thumbzup]
Well I am going with Hotshots trucking who posted a thread on SS. I'm just looking to get it home now. Thankyou all for your help and suggestions.

P.S. They still needed a $200 deposit that I had trouble giving up do to the last helpful broker. HAHA

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks