• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need nipples

I need to replace a few grease nipples / zerks / fittings and want to make sure to order the right size, since these things are a little hard to come by in non-metric sizes here in Germany.
I would need the correct thread-size for the little buggers.
Second thing, I noticed quite a few 45° or 90° angled fittings on my truck, but it appears to me they just put on the truck whatever they had in their hand. Is there any order that says what type of fitting has to go somewhere? I didn't find any reference in the TMs.

TIA,
Mark

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While you got my attention with the thread title I was disappointed when I opened it.......

When I need grease fittings I usually buy a box or two of various sizes at my tractor (farm) dealer. Depending on what I'm working on I get either English or Metric sizes.

As for putting 45s or 90s on I would put whatever was convenient for me.

sw

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mark:
Here are the specifications out of my Society of Automotive Engineers manual. Most used on these trucks are the 1/8" pipe thread types. They are available in straight and different angles for access in their location. Hope this helps!
Regards Marti

Attachments

Thanks for all the information. And thanks for the offer, dc3coy, but I have a favorite pair of those here at my disposal. :-D
I can order 1/8, 1/4 or 5/16" here, but these things are quite expensive and I don't want to buy nipples that are of no use (useless nipples suck). The deuce is also not in reach so I can't take the caliper and measure myself. Therefore the rather trivial sounding question.

So, it's 1/8 " NPT for the deuce nipples, did I get that right?

Cheers,
Mark

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mark:
!/8-27 pipe thread is correct. Let me know if you have problems sourcing them and I will get some and send to you.
Regards Marti

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks