• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need some help with a HUMVEE converting 24v pump to 12v for M1009 use

btrapr

I bought an m1009 and the pump appears to have flex ring failure. I keep getting little pieces stuck in the glass check valve.

I bought a reportedly NEW Stanadyne DB 2831-5209 which from what I have read is a de-tuned 6.5 diesel. I have read that this is basically 4911 pump or at least capable of tuning it up to 4911 output.

This is what I bought
REMOVED

Does anyone have pictures on how to convert it to12v since it is 24v. MY other thought is to grab the supply wire for the solenoid and run it to a relay and tap the 24v bank and run a new wire to the solenoid. IS THIS possible to run a relay and keep it 24v. I can bolt on the 12v external switch since they bolt on.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please keep in mind that links to auctions/ebay are not allowed.

As to converting it to 12v, it's the solenoid on top of the pump that needs to be swapped. You should be able to swap your 12v for the 24v one.

Chaski

Just take the top off of your old pump and put it on your new one. If you want to swap the solenoid in the lid you should really get a seal kit for the pump so that you can replace the seals that go on the coil studs where the penetrate the lid. Be sure to properly install the lid, you do not want to get the shutoff solenoid arm stuck behind the metering valve linkage causing your engine to run in governed until it mulches itself. Make sure you have the throttle linkage at at the idle position, then place the lid on more twards the front and slide it back into position.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could use a small 12V relay(cube type) and pull 24v from the rear bussbar to feed it.

Keith_J

How about the cold advance solenoid? That too is 12 volt, parallel to the cold idle solenoid. Here, a relay would make sense.

Chaski

I dug around in my injection pump stash, turns out that the lid of a DB2 pump for a HMMWV has an extra hole in it. The 24 volt cold advance solenoid has two terminals instead of one like a CUCV 12 volt one.

A couple ice cube relays and you could use the HMMWV pump as-is, one for the cold advance and one for the run solenoid. Other option would just be to swap tops with your old pump. You could also find a pump lid off of any civilian DB2 GM pump at a junk yard.

btrapr

sorry for the link_____

I just thought why open it up...just step it down and run as is. I was thinking why not just tap the 24v bus bar and just run a relay....

This M1009 has the added on A/C unit too.

I guess I will look into running a pair of solenoids____one for the cut-off and one for the cold idle solenoid____and tap the 24v bus bar.

thanks

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks