• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need some M105 landing gear

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well.....how embarrassing......................... :oops:

Yesterday morning, about 0500 and in the dark, I hooked up the trailer to take it to a friend's shop for some torch and welding work......and after I fiddled with the trailer lights, trying to figure out why I only had one right taillight, I somehow managed to forget to raise the landing gear.......

When the truck goes off a ledge and you haven't raised the gear...... this is what happens.

So, short story; I need some landing gear. Either style, A1 or A2, although A2 is obviously preferred.

I will be at the Ga MVPA meet in Peachtree City on Sep. 15 and at the Ga Rally on Sep. 29/30. I am also open to travelling a reasonable amount to pick it up.........I don't want to pay the shipping.

Thanks guys

Now flame away! rofl

C

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doh! Clinto, try taking the wheel off, take the pivot bolt out, take the assy off, use a die grinder on the "S" shaped one to cut it off and then put it in a press to straighten it out. The one on the free trailer was tweaked so bad it wouldn't go up.Today has been a MV fix it day. I used a 6 ft machinery moving bar to straighten it today, came out OK. It goes up now and locks in place. You can see it here,

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Craig, need to post your location in a signature or profile so we can see where you are. One of the few forum requirements.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: I need some M105 landing gear

WillWagner said:
Doh! Clinto, try taking the wheel off, take the pivot bolt out, take the assy off, use a die grinder on the "S" shaped one to cut it off and then put it in a press to straighten it out. The one on the free trailer was tweaked so bad it wouldn't go up.Today has been a MV fix it day. I used a 6 ft machinery moving bar to straighten it today, came out OK. It goes up now and locks in place. You can see it here,
Looks like you put some camo paint to the white trailer? Am I right?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: I need some M105 landing gear

Yup. The white paint bothered me...besides, i needed something to do today! Yours seal up?

123mack

I have one like yours from a trailer I parted out, and I will be at Peachtree City. You can have it. I will be looking For cab parts for the m246 ( mirrors, windows, wiper motors,etc). I am also looking for a tractor rear harness - prefer an 800 series.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
123mack said:
I have one like yours from a trailer I parted out, and I will be at Peachtree City. You can have it. I will be looking For cab parts for the m246 ( mirrors, windows, wiper motors,etc). I am also looking for a tractor rear harness - prefer an 800 series.
Thanks, I will take you up on that offer. I'll send you a PM with my cell phone so we can meet up at the show.

Thanks guys! :beer:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto, save me a wheel off one of the landing gears. The one on the water buffalo is rusted out!

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Recovry4x4 said:
Clinto, save me a wheel off one of the landing gears. The one on the water buffalo is rusted out!
Roger that. I'll bring it to the Rally!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Hey guys. I still have the 105 trailer from the chem shelter.
It is sitting out in the front yard attracting interest but no buyers.
I may bring it to the rally and sell as is or part out.
I'll bring enough tools to remove parts, including the infamous "blue tipped wrench".

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys. I still have the 105 trailer from the chem shelter.
It is sitting out in the front yard attracting interest but no buyers.
I may bring it to the rally and sell as is or part out.
I'll bring enough tools to remove parts, including the infamous "blue tipped wrench".
Sounds like Wreckermans Skunk Works now has a Road Show (putting the deuce to use)! I had better really consider going down there for this!

PS, I'll bet your wife loves that in the front yard!

ida34

Anyone parting a trailer out, I need the cast piece that the landing leg attaches to between the frame rails on the A frame. I talked to Kenny about his from his rusted out buffalo but it sounds like he is not parting it for a while. Pm if you can help.

Chuck

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chuck, It'll probably have to wait until early October before I get the other chassis. If you still need it by then, I'll hot wrench it off.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that kind of damage but perhaps less severe and more un-noticed till it's too late can happen in uneven sand too. Don't ask.. I was able to fix it by pulling it back straight with a chain. Still has a crack around the vertical cylindrical bearing thingie that needs welded up.

ida34

Recovry4x4 said:
Chuck, It'll probably have to wait until early October before I get the other chassis. If you still need it by then, I'll hot wrench it off.
The way things are going I should be able to wait until then no problem. After that it will probably sit for a couple of years until I get it put on the trailer. I tried to get a cheap 105 to part out but they went too high close to home. Thanks Kenny.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks