• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need west coast mirrors

beck

As fate would have it, I just pulled a set off a truck I am bobbing. Looks brand new and I would like to sell them. Not sure what they are worth.
I'm looking for mirror ideas for a bobbed deuce I'm planning. What are you going to use?
Anyone else with mirror sugestions. I like the ones on the new Dodge trucks that fold vertical for towing, but I'm sure they are big bucks. I don't know how to mount them either. Those style mirrors are made to mount on the lower front of the doors. There isn't an area like that on the deuce.

Blythewoodjoe

I am using the windshield hinge type mirrows for the bobber. I will take a picture of the parts truck I just picked up with them on it. That's what I have use on my other bobber I sold. I like them.

I will post a picture of the west cost mirrow later today too. They are complete with all the brackets. I have seen them for sale before, new in the box, but I don't see any anywhere now.

grounded

Banned
beck. do a search for "diablo" build and check his mirrors.. VERY nice for a bob deuce. im sure gimpy or someone has it saved lol. but you can search and find it

beck

The "diablo" build mirrors

develman96 wrote "I had west coast style mirrors when I got the truck but I wanted to do something more modern looking as well as having the ability to fold them back out of the way for off road and hurricane use (my point to having the truck)... I have done a few Jeep conversions using the newer style Wrangler mirrors on the older CJ's before the now popular "bracket" sets were available on the market so I decided that I would go with those. The bracket sets I've seen have a major flaw in the fact that they don't "ratchet" so the mirrors tend to walk backwards from the air hitting them so I wanted to avoid dealing with that which took some machine work but I think its worth the 8 or so hours I put into them... The design is pretty simplistic looking but the mirrors lock (ratchet) into 4 places and stay put when folded out or in like the ought too... Now all I need is some powder coating and 2 inch fish eyes and I will be good to go... "

This is just what I was looking for. Here is a link to the page the showing the Wrangler mirrors. The mirrors are shown about 2/3 of the way down the page with the clutch. Super job!
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=4696&page=39

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks