• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I No Buy Today.....U?

djimmy31

I'm not sure on that or not. The guy that helped me was from the DRMO. We got there and no sign of GL personel. I went to the DRMO office next door and they said the guy didn't come in to work that day. Always nice to hear after driving an hour and taking off work a half day. At first they told us we would have to come back another day. I begged the DRMO lady and she got another guy that was super nice and told alittle about the trucks.

Question, since you've been there...how did the guys there seem? And did they have equipment to be able to do a jump-start like many sites? I have a friend who will be doing the recovery if I can't make it on the right day (I told him his payment was that he could drive it around Louisville until I was able to pick it up...he's good with that :grin:) and I want things as easy on him as possible. He might be able to take a couple batteries with him, he's a gearhead so he has the stuff. Or maybe I could convince him to pull-start it with his lifted trail Cherokee...lol. Man, that would suck for the guy in the Jeep when the clutch comes out on the Deuce...like hitting a brick wall!!!

Jim

Shadrach

Spirit was willing on the M35 in Little Rock/Jacksonville but, my pocket book said stop when it hit 1100.00 and kept climbing. Would have been nice as close as that is to me.

comanderfritz

I picked up a decent looking Deuce in KY. Nice and close, and I think a buddy already wants it, so it probably won't stick around, but it went for nothing for as nice as it looks. Out the door, taxes, GL and tags for under $1400. Air shift, heat and a new CARC job, can't beat it with a stick.
i had a $1000 bid on that one. i told myself i would not go over a $1000 and i didnt. some trucks went for like $1050 :cry:
i bid on about everything at Frankfort ky at some point. was barely out bid on 4 trucks i had bids on.

i know all the ones at frankfort ran. they were parked there 2 months ago. i flew low over them about a week after they arrived. looked in great condition from 500 feet. there are more there then what was in the recent auction.

Last edited:

6x6junkie

drum trucks

man the trucks @drum went high even the wreckers it was the first sale i seen that everything was junk the ones that looked nice in pics were leaking everything they have all been around a while is what kevin told me i didnt even bid on any did anyone buy some of that junk if so you crazy

nhdiesel

The pics made some of them look pretty decent, and I think a few had winches this time, but the price was higher than I wanted to pay. Nice to know I made the right choice to skip them. I'd rather drive a nice truck back from Kentucky than a piece of crap from N.Y. The last batch they had went pretty high as well. The trailers in Ft. Drum all looked junk, big rust holes in many.

Jim

connectingbar

Not i

I tried for the tractor at Drum but someone wanted it more than I. I thought the economy was bad> everything there was junk but the prices were out of this world. Must be a sniper wanted us to pay more

jackalay23

Here is my new purchase (attached). This is one of the trucks from Knox. I wanted one of the trucks with road tires, but the price was right for this one. I talked a DRMO employee that said all the trucks in this auction ran fine when he drove them in, but they had been in the yard about a year. Hopefully it is a keeper. This is my first deuce so opinions of my purchase are encouraged and welcome.

Attachments

ARYankee

I was watching a 5 ton Tractor in North Little Rock on GSA all week and it went for a wee bit over $3500. The descript. said it needed towed and was missing parts. Stupid me thought I could throw down a couple hundred and win..... I was wrong.... Sheesh!

Oh I did have a really good recovery of the combat boots that I won from OKC last week.

frodobaggins

I was watching a 5 ton Tractor in North Little Rock on GSA all week and it went for a wee bit over $3500. The descript. said it needed towed and was missing parts. Stupid me thought I could throw down a couple hundred and win..... I was wrong.... Sheesh!

Oh I did have a really good recovery of the combat boots that I won from OKC last week.
Was it the one that said scrap only ?

Desert Deuce

Yah Kenny, I tried to do some research on that wide axle before bidding. It seems to have features of an A3, higher clearance, wide axle and different lifting hooks. Going to be a great camping gear trailer. Are those CUCV Wheels?