• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I see stars

Docter

I know I am still a ways from doing the paint on my MV, but i have to know if there is right or wrong or just the military doing what it always does. :cookoo:
The hood star on the M-37 i am restoring had the star point to the cab and the parts truck i got has the hood star point to the grill.
just a case of different Forts picking one way or the other, or was there a change from one way to the other depending on the year :roll:

youres at arms Doc

WarrenD

It depends on the year. The star pointing toward the windshield is the early one, leftover from WW2. The star pointing front is later, by Vietnam. I don't know offhand what the change year was, but I've seen it somewhere around here.

Docter

you know thats funny couse the older parts truck is the one with it pointing to the grill while the newer one is pointing to the cab. go figure:?

youres at arms Doc

Docter

that is some great info on markings, will have to save that.
the hood on my 52 looks just like that one pictured, and the one for the 63 is the other way
thanks

youres at arms Doc