• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I think I messed up. Won't start

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK all-
Here's what I did, I think I messed up, and if you can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

I was pre-tripping my M923A2 with the Cummins. I turned in the batteries, waited a moment, then turned the engine to the "run" position and waited for the "click click click" from the ABS. Once it cycled, I started the truck, no issues.

Then, I had a bone head moment and I shut the engine down before it really started warming up.

About 2 minutes later, I tried starting it (proper starting cycle) and it only turns over now.

I've tried pushing the "reset solenoid" connected to the engine kill lever to maybe reset it, to no avail.

Any ideas?

cbrTodd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK all-
Here's what I did, I think I messed up, and if you can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

I was pre-tripping my M923A2 with the Cummins. I turned in the batteries, waited a moment, then turned the engine to the "run" position and waited for the "click click click" from the ABS. Once it cycled, I started the truck, no issues.

Then, I had a bone head moment and I shut the engine down before it really started warming up.

About 2 minutes later, I tried starting it (proper starting cycle) and it only turns over now.

I've tried pushing the "reset solenoid" connected to the engine kill lever to maybe reset it, to no avail.

Any ideas?
Open the hood and make sure the solenoid is actually in the up / retracted position when it is cranking. Use a zip tie to hold it up if necessary.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Physically rotate the fuel shutoff lever forward and zip tie it. Give the fuel hand pump a few pushes for good measure. If it doesn't start still it's a fuel delivery issue.

reset2

So was the solenoid bad? Or did you just have to set it up for this start up and it works as it should now. Just curious we bought a 5 ton and the solenoid wasn't working and we had to zip tie it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So was the solenoid bad? Or did you just have to set it up for this start up and it works as it should now. Just curious we bought a 5 ton and the solenoid wasn't working and we had to zip tie it.

You can remove the solenoid entirely and just use the pull on the dash.

reset2

I did figure that it could be removed and a person just has to pull the manual shut off. Our truck the solenoid started working again for some reason. Just Wondering it that is common or a fluke. Any good leads out there for a spare to purchase beside flebay?

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did figure that it could be removed and a person just has to pull the manual shut off. Our truck the solenoid started working again for some reason. Just Wondering it that is common or a fluke. Any good leads out there for a spare to purchase beside flebay?

I just had to set it up to start again. After it fired up, I built pressure, took a 15-20 maintenance run, got home, pulled the zip ties off and tested it and it works perfectly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks