• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I think I need a Turbo

hedelta

I do think that my turbo took a hefty dump today on my recovery trip to Mechanicsburg, PA. I have oil down the side of my truck from the stack. She dosent like getting above 2000 rpm and under a little strain it feels like there is some slipping somewhere. There is no smoke under power but comming down a hill if I let off the throttle I can make 2 tractor trailers dissapear. Might change the name from Ugly Sara to The Smoke Machine or Tommy Chongs other Vehicle My borther will be taking a better ( and more educated look) this afternoon. Figures something like this will happen before Aberdeen. Well atleast I could put a tag on one of the new trucks from out West ( thanks dad);-). Dose it sould like a turbo problem or something in the engine block:cry:? Is there anyideas out there. If it is a turbo issue who rebuilds them. And what of the cost, just want a good idea of how bad it is going to be. Thank you to all.

Ace3-
Out .

crazyplowboy

If it is a turbo issue there are a few guys with turbos for sale right now. If you really want it rebuilt I believe from what I have read that Ken and jwaller rebuild them (not 100% sure)

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pull the air intake hose to the turbo from the air cleaner off. Try turning the turbo shaft by hand. If it spins freely then push the shaft tward the engine block with one finger. If the compressor wheel touches the housing it's junk. If not, it's probally rebuildable.

jwaller

worst case scenario:
pull the turbo from the truck and see if the oil is coming from the turbo or if it's coming from the manifold/motor. this takes about an hour at the most and will confirm the problem without doubt.

you could also pull the air inlet hose on the turbo but it may or may not indicate the problem. once the inlet hose is off look for damage of any kind and check with your hand and the eng off the compressor wheels ability to spin and there also may be oil in there as wel.

powerhouseduece

what, you guys want a pic of oil all over the side of the truck? its just the seals that went bad. I got to dig into it a little deeper. I got too much BS to deal with right now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks