• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I think it is just powersteering fluid... but

jeffy777

I have been running the Humvee all weekend -1 to 20 degrees. I noticed later on Sunday a couple of dots on the ground. I think it is power steering fluid. I just had power steering added and got an oil change at a friends shop. Power steering is full so. Just thinking some spilled. You all agree?cool look.jpgdrop-one.jpgdrop-two.jpg

Second picture is just in front of driver front wheel

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Power stg , Hydroboost, Fan Clutch, and auto Tranny all use Dexron which is Red. Really need to eyeball location of leak but the fact that you had to add previously suggests a problem.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Second picture is just in front of driver front wheel
That spot is a concentration of plumbing that all use ATF as the working fluid. Need to crawl around under it and see if you can find the leak.

On my HMMWV almost EVERY SINGLE hose clamp needed tightened once I get her running. Saved me a lot of potential unnecessary replacements and repairs when I realized that.

Check your fittings.

Bulldogger

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like they said....and, the steering box column shaft seal goes bad, especially on old original units.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even if you find a bad hose, they all use renewable field fittings that are not crimped. They literally unscrew, shove a new correct piece of hose and reassemble.

I stripped a new fitting on one of the winch hoses gong to the gear, so I pulled off the old fitting and reused on the new hose. Saved my bacon.

jeffy777

Power stg , Hydroboost, Fan Clutch, and auto Tranny all use Dexron which is Red. Really need to eyeball location of leak but the fact that you had to add previously suggests a problem.
I got my M998a few months ago and finally got her on the road. I checked and power steering for the first time and it was a little low. I had it get it's first oil change under my ownership. So although I wanted to do it myself ... did I say it is cold ... it is cold for Virginia ... I had a friend with a heated shop do it. ( I know I am a slacker... but I paid him )

So I will do as Jaunprado, Wirefox and Bulldogger say.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks