• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I think its time for a head gasket replacement.

redrocket78

So I found oil leaking from under the intake and exhaust manifold. I can only assume its the head gasket. The valve covers are not leaking. I downloaded the tm and printed the entire section needed. I'll be ordering the gaskets shortly listed on the supplies list in the beginning of the section. Are there any surprises or special tools needed not indicated in the tm I should know about? I'll take some pics along the way and post them up. Thanks a lot for any suggestions. I am mechanically inclined. Just not much experience on diesel engines. Should be fun.

Clay James

How much of a leak is it? The old style weep oil on the block. It was a bummer when I cleaned my engine up real nice and it got oil all over it again after a few drives.

deathrowdave

Old head gaskets are made to weep !!! Between the head and block !!! Mine was blown out pass side near firewall . I could feel compression leaking as the engine was running !!!! I made my head bolt wrench by cutting off an offset box wrench and welding a nut onto it for a socket to be used to remove and install driver side bolts !!!! Heavy be careful with the heads !!

redrocket78

it was weeping before. The block was damp. Now its running down the block and dripping on to the front axle after 30 minutes of idle. Thanks for the links to the special tools. I anticipated the heads would be heavy. Thanks.

redrocket78

I'm sure it's not the slobber tube. It's running down the side of the engine. The slobber tube hangs lower than the top of the front axle and the oil is dripping onto the top of the axle where the drive shaft comes in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks