• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I Think my Deuce is Broken

gungearz

Then for 1 you should post that its not a m109a3.... When its a a4 and for two.... Put some WMO in it anyway,you'll still get the results your looking for.....lol

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
SMoke just means either
A-your not burning all the fuel in the cyl
B-your burning oil that is getting into the combustion chamber. That could be motor oil or fuel with thick oil in it.

No smoke is NOT A BAD THING.

gungearz

SMoke just means either
A-your not burning all the fuel in the cyl
B-your burning oil that is getting into the combustion chamber. That could be motor oil or fuel with thick oil in it.

No smoke is NOT A BAD THING.
My truck only smokes a little on start up but burns clean the rest of the day. Usually when I let it sit for a few weeks it will smoke a little.

m816

I should be so lucky. If it ain't smoking, it ain't running. Two things you can't do with a deuce is; One. Sneak up on someone's position with out them hearing you comming. and two, Runaway with out leaving a smoke trail.:driver:

lost in the bush

then for 1 you should post that its not a m109a3.... When its a a4 and for two.... Put some wmo in it anyway,you'll still get the results your looking for.....lol
what? I don't think I listed anything except the M109 neither A3 or A4. Having a little fun on Sunday afternoon. If I was getting serious I would ask if perhaps I need to tune it up to get more power?

Although we are waiting for M923 to show up to compare the drive ablity, Than we can decide which project to start on first.

Last edited:

gungearz

Sure.... Adding more oil to your diesel will make your truck smoke more. If you say its broke from NOT smoking. Then throw some oil in the tank to make it smoke. Diesel is the by product of oil. So adding oil in your fuel won't kill it. Put some smoke in the air and add some oil to the fuel to fix your problem...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
  • SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy.
  • SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Quitting Smoking Now Greatly Reduces Serious Risks to Your Health.
  • SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Smoking By Pregnant Women May Result in Fetal Injury, Premature Birth, And Low Birth Weight.
  • SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Cigarette Smoke Contains Carbon Monoxide.

Capt.Marion

Does your truck
a)start up without too much hesitation
b)idle smoothly, especially once warmed up
c)have enough power for it to run up through all gears on level ground and up to a cruising speed of around 50-55MPH, even with a load in the bed
d)maintain speed up a hill once dropped down into either 3rd of 4th gear (high range)?

If your truck meets all of the above criteria, there is NOTHING WRONG with your truck. For some mechanical/thermodynamic reason, your truck just burns a higher percentage of the fuel injected into each cylinder than most trucks do. THAT IS NOT A PROBLEM.

If you're still worried, POST A VIDEO of driving your truck so we can see what the exhaust looks like and see how the truck handles while driving on the road. That would be the best way for us to speculate as to any sort of problem with your truck.

lost in the bush

Does your truck
a)start up without too much hesitation
b)idle smoothly, especially once warmed up
c)have enough power for it to run up through all gears on level ground and up to a cruising speed of around 50-55MPH, even with a load in the bed
d)maintain speed up a hill once dropped down into either 3rd of 4th gear (high range)?

If your truck meets all of the above criteria, there is NOTHING WRONG with your truck. For some mechanical/thermodynamic reason, your truck just burns a higher percentage of the fuel injected into each cylinder than most trucks do. THAT IS NOT A PROBLEM.

If you're still worried, POST A VIDEO of driving your truck so we can see what the exhaust looks like and see how the truck handles while driving on the road. That would be the best way for us to speculate as to any sort of problem with your truck.
a. Starts instantly
b. idles perfectly
c. Will cruise at 50-52 with foot on the floor and 2900rpm
d. Auto Trans - Central Indiana, not much for hills.

Having never driven one before not sure if correct. Seems sluggish until at 30 mph and shifts into 3rd ( I think) , than it picks up speed much better.

The engine has 1749 miles on it when we bought it. First driving it would run at 48 + or - at 2900rpm.. It now does same at 2600rpm ( Which is a good thing, I think).

I got her up to 53mph yesterday at 2900 rpm..Back plastic window in the back of the soft top is a loud flapping booger.
I presume it is not good for the truck if you run full out all the time.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A M109m109-001.jpg
to get it to smoke you'll need to fire off a round.

Now with a M109A4, you won't get much smoke.
and 50 mph is maxed out, 2900 rpm's will take the 9 lives out of that Cat

Last edited:

lost in the bush

Full out was bad from what I thought. I run at 48 with 2600 rpm. I really a happy without Black smoke.

Why with an engine as strong as the Cat you can not find more low dollar horse power or butt for an easy 55- 60 mph cruising with out maxing our the rpms.

Capt.Marion

Oh, duh, it's an A4. (Sorry, I missed that part.) Still, sounds like your truck is running just fine.

A wise person once told me, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
I responded by saying, "If it ain't broke, I can fix it 'til it is!"

Have fun with your truck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks