• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I thought I knew how to drive a tank!

JH1

I'm guessing the brakes were not functional at the time, and he figured he could just use granny and reverse. Anyone know?

K9Vic

Sounds like an episode of Shipping Wars, bidding and shipping on something your truck cannot handle. If he was unable to climb the hill with his rig, should have called a 60+ ton tow truck to help pull it up the hill.

glassk

Research Product
85-09
M60A3 Tank Procedure Guides
John
E. Morrison
.%-
.. a%.
ARI Field Unit at Fort Knox, Kentucky
Donald F. Haggard, Chief
Training Research Laboratory
Harold F.
O'Neil, Jr., Director
U.S.
ARMY RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE BEHAVIORAL AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
Eisenhower Avenue. Alexandria. Virginia 22333-5600
Office, Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel
Department of the Army
February
Army Project Number Education and Training
k--
20283743A794
Approved for public release: distribution unlimited.
".

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...ZyPVqqXzfrjnQYVIK1yIkSA&bvm=bv.57752919,d.eW0

goodguyzy

Not to far from me, I need to "track" that tank down. Maybe I could drive it better. There is only one way to find out, let me try that hill.

tbearatkin

Safety first. Please learn how to operate the vehicles reading is not enough sometime

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...re_than_an_owners_m.html#incart_river_default

If you’re going to drive a 50-ton battle tank, remember that you may need more than the owner’s manual to make it work.

A 58-year-old Curry County man learned that lesson the hard way last week, said Lt. Gregg Hastings of the Oregon State Police.

On Nov. 27, a truck driver transporting a 1969 Chieftain battle tank found that he was unable to climb a steep grade near Gold Beach. So he unloaded the tank, which was the United Kingdom’s main tank back in the 1960s, at the Myers Creek Wayside along U.S. 101. The tank was purchased by a local resident.

dabtl

We are in a disaster area now, five inches of sleet over 1/2 inch of ice and nothing to remove it, and my friends all wonder if I have had the deuce with 9:00x20 NDCC tires out 'helping' others. My answer is no. Not enough snow too much ice and I would wind up in a ditch myself.

You need to learn to say no when it is the right thing to do.

Reactions: HDN

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since this is about a tank, I'll move it to the tank forum.

Since there is already a thread covering this recent event/issue, I'll merge it there too.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonder if he works for GL?
Simple answer.... NOT YET.

GL has recently put out a press release that their long-vacant DIRECTOR OF TRAINING AND SAFETY position may soon be filled! A highly qualified individual with TANK experience has come to their attention and CORPORATE RECRUITERS have been dispatched to expedite an initial offer and have an OPEN CHECKBOOK for negotiating a favorable (to everyone but GL bidders) contract for his immediate hiring!!!

OH BOY - - - Let the DAMAGED LOTS begin ! ! !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks