• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I thought I was going to need a shovel...

Rolling_Eudaimonia

I was driving the "Duke" around the woods by my folks place in New York State, and well I ran into a little bit of a soft area. But I pushed the "Duke" hard and made it through the mud.

The ruts are range from 8inches deep to about 20-24inches deep in the deepest sections. I was impressed that the truck didn't get totally stuck. Stilel I think that when I get the ARB Air-Lockers for the truck it will do even better in the mud. I would still like to put a newer supped up DT466 in it as well. Plus 395/85R20's all around for the ultimate off-road M35 experience.

So I have to say I cannot figure out how people get her stuck in much less mud than this?

Attachments

Jeeperjoe

its easy to get anything stuck... all depends on whats under the mud... have fun cleaning that lol... looks like you had a good time.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like you have an excuse to go buy a pressure washer if you don't have one already. :)

Rolling_Eudaimonia

its easy to get anything stuck... all depends on whats under the mud... have fun cleaning that lol... looks like you had a good time.

Yes, it is easy to get anything stuck. The mud, I didn't plan on it. I thought it would be smooth sailing and than I couldn't turn the wheels. I was already in 6 wheel drive so I was a bit concerned by that fact. I look down out of the window and I had mud up to my running board.

Rolling_Eudaimonia

Not all mud is created equal, but that looks like some high quality mud. Did you have a plan B? Nice pics but you really need to change the date on your camera.
Plan A, B, and C were all the same "C'mon baby don't get stuck on me now or you'll be here for a month!" So no there was no plan B, I didn't really think it was going to be that soft where I was driving. I thought you know I might sink in 2-4inches no big deal not, 8-20 inches. I mean the mud is up to me Knees in some of those gullies.

As for the date on the camera, well it's not my camera, I only have a 35mm film camera these shots were taken with my mother's camera. Next time I'll bring along my oldest silbling and we'll use real time digital video! Every mintue of the mud will be in full digital video and audio.

Rolling_Eudaimonia

Looks like you have an excuse to go buy a pressure washer if you don't have one already. :)
Yeah, I've got a power-washers in various sizes and pressures. My Pops' own's a company that does commerical cleaning of Restruant equipment. So I've got the tools for the clean up. In fact since I'm not going to graduate school until next August I'm the resident indentured Servant of the Hacienda. Plus side when I lived in Louisville all i could do is drive on the roads. Now I have acres of land to play on and no one stop me!

FreightTrain

Banned
wash that junk off ASAP.You really don't want it to dry on there.Especially between the duals.If it drys you will spend a day with a crow bar,hammer,or lug wrench cause that stuff sets up like concrete!Not to mention all the other areas under teh truck there are chunks.When that stuff comes off,there WILL be a Brand new Lexus,Benz,Caddy,etc tailgating you and it will go through their windshield!Murphys law.Whatever can go wrong WILL go wong and go wrong in a really really BAD way!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I fear and presume that if you had gotten the lil feller stuck you would have required more than a shovel, perhaps an excavator. As far as the front locker, if you're not real careful with them, they can help you get extra stuck in mud.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Don't waste time cleaning it, throw a sprinkler under there and let it do it's thing. Whatever is left will need the pressure washer, but it wil cut down the cleaning time and effort ALOT!

Rolling_Eudaimonia

I fear and presume that if you had gotten the lil feller stuck you would have required more than a shovel, perhaps an excavator. As far as the front locker, if you're not real careful with them, they can help you get extra stuck in mud.
Well, I was being facious really about the usefullness of a shovel in that sort of mud. I really not sure how I would get it out if I got it completely stuck. I think I will eventually find out however. I just hope I can dig, claw and pull myself out with a Tractor if need be! I really wish I had winch on my baby some times, it would make going offroad on solo missions easier. However, so far I'm very impressed with the amount of mud the truck has handled. I even stopped in some spots to reverse and get better forward moment going.

tm america

nice job finding some mud. very daring without a winch . glad you didnt get stuck you would have been wanting to trade it for a jeep or something else you can pull out with a quad .

jrou111

There are plenty of trees around there to use to your advantage. Next time bring 100-200ft of 3/4" or 1" heavy rope. You can tie one end to a tree and the other end around the duals. put her in reverse and you have a way to get yourself out of being stuck. There's a section on one of the TM's about it.

Another way is to lash 5' long logs to the front wheels to 'dig and lift' your way out of being stuck. Search on that one because we talked about it maybe 1 month or so ago.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks