• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I took the plunge today.

Dirty1

Well I bought my first CUCV today. It is a 1985 M1008. It is in good condition for a 27 year old truck from New England. It needs a little TLC but it is worth it.

Fluids, plow, brake and tranny lines and I will be good to go.

This site is a wealth of information.

chevyCUCV

Welcome from ma

Where did you get it from? There were a couple cheap ones on cl recently

Plow? What are you putting on it?
These trucks are great, but they do break. Sounds like you are already reading the site so you should be all set:beer:

Dirty1

Thanks for all the welcomes. Yes it was the one from Holbrook. I was lookng at a bunch of half tons and such for arond the same price and i just wanted this one. I am putting on an old fisher speed cast from my 84 3/4 ton I had a few years ago.

wayne pick

Welcome Dirty1, With the gearing and the locker, these things make great plow trucks. I put an old 7-1/2' speedcast on mine. I've been plowing since I was 16 years old, never had a truck plow like my 1031. Just throw some weight on it, you won't use four wheel drive half the time. Lets see some pics!

fitz

DIRTY1,
It was a pleasure doing business with you.
I'm sure my old truck will serve you well.
Sounds like it went to a good home.
Fitz.

Dirty1

DIRTY1,
It was a pleasure doing business with you.
I'm sure my old truck will serve you well.
Sounds like it went to a good home.
Fitz.
Lol! I should have guessed it was you. It was a pleasure doing business with you as well. Thanks for all the help and being honest about everything with the truck.