• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I wanna build my own version of this crewcab - seeking details !

Chinookpilot77

I"m not entirely sure on this, but since I want people to correct me, so that I too can know the build on this machine....I'll take a stab at it....

The wheels look like something from OD Iron, though the new wheels they came out with recently would look even better on there I think.

The tires look like straight up military issue HMMT tires. I'm not sure what size, but I think they are the 53" version. (Michelin I think makes em.)

The bed is a hacked up version of a M105 trailer. Pretty nice if you can land a trailer because what I've read is that you can use the springs off of it to use in your bob. There has got to be a way to make it look a little better than they did (my one complaint with the truck, not the length really, just looks like a hack job)

The bob looks to be the standard 130in wheelbase bob that most guys do. This makes the conversion easier because you can then use the same driveshaft because the rear axle is now in the middle axles position.

All that being said, as much as I like ALL the trucks I've seen on here, this is still my favorite Deuce I've seen on this forum.

I hope this helps, and if I got anything wrong on here, please just let me know guys, cuz I'd love to know the details on this build as well.

davesgmc

Its pretty simple. Just get out the zip gun and welder. I would say the biggest pain is getting the taper out of the rear cab. If you look at yours it is about 4 inches wider at the rear. With stock tires you probably wont need any lift or any thing. I have 1600's and I added 4 feet to my frame. The other option is cut a wheel well in the rear of the cab like those import pick-up crew cab things.

HRD, my quad cab is still bigger than yours........lol

I will have to measure it when its done, but it is stretched back over 6 feet more on the cab, a space betweeen the cab and bed for a 16.00 spare then a 12 foot bed behind all that. now I am thinking of stretching the noise out longer to amke more room for the detroit diesel.

overmanjh

HRD, my quad cab is still bigger than yours........lol

I will have to measure it when its done, but it is stretched back over 6 feet more on the cab, a space betweeen the cab and bed for a 16.00 spare then a 12 foot bed behind all that. now I am thinking of stretching the noise out longer to amke more room for the detroit diesel.
Hey brother, from what I can see from your avatar pic, your crew cab deuce is sick!!! What DD are you planning on running? I've always thought a 53 series would work well, like a 6v53T. Love the way the 2-cycle detroits sound.

davesgmc

I have a 6-71na in mine. it pulls fine, has plenty of power, will hit top speeds way above what you shuld really be driving the truck at to begin with. If i recal, i have ahd it to 77 mph according to the gps, pulling a trailer with about 12k load. a v6 detroit would fit better actually, evena v8 would be a better fit. like maybe a 6v92
a 6v53 would move the truck along quite nicely too.

overmanjh

DavesGMC, your truck is awsome man. Ever since I was a private driving a deuce and turning wrenches on 113s with the 6v53Ts in them I thought it would be a cool engine swap to do. Better power and love the way the 2-cycle detroits sound.