• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I want one.

Yakohairy

Hey everyone I'm a newbie here, I'm Marcus from the uk. I'm looking to buy one of these awesome bits of kit. Any pointers on what to look for. I'd love the a2c. It's a whistle thing. And common faults I should look for? Must be pre 1960 if poss. Cheers guys.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to Steel Soldiers and the wonderful world of military vehicles. :cookoo:

There are several collectors of American MV's in your neck of the woods. I would start there.

Buying one over here and shipping it would be expensive.

eme411

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi there , lots of trucks with Reome in Holland , very big dealer , also take a look on Milweb, there are always M-35's on there for sale, good luck,

FLYWHEEL

Hi Marcus.
As stated in a previous post www.milweb.net is a good place to start looking in the U.K. or try everyone's favorite auction site.
The main thing with these trucks is they need to be maintained to a good standard, as they have a single circuit brake system, parts are not to bad to source from the UK, I tend to get mine from Europe and the U.S.
Tyres are quite hard to get hold of in the U.K but not imposible. These trucks are a bit of a handfull on British roads with a large turning circle and no power steering.
Storage can also be a problem, as your neighbours are probably not going to be happy if you park it on your drive/street, if you get a 'C' Turbo model they are very loud and you will need hearing protection in the cab.
After all that is said they are great fun to own and drive, also you have started off on the right foot by coming onto steelsoldiers.com there are many people on here with a great deal of knowledge about these trucks who can help you.
Good luck with your search.

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site, hobby, friendships, and events to come. So, you would like a whistling deuce? OK. P.M.me and your 'wish' will come true.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well done son! She looks complete, how's it drive?

I'd be interested to know where you live and how you will use the truck. Nottingham is on the river Trent, correct? Are you country, urban or suburban? These trucks tend to turn owners into collectors. Do you have space for additional trailers and other vehicles?

Rick

Yakohairy

Good looking truck you got there mate, congratulations on your purchase. Nice to se another owner on here from the UK.
Well done son! She looks complete, how's it drive?

I'd be interested to know where you live and how you will use the truck. Nottingham is on the river Trent, correct? Are you country, urban or suburban? These trucks tend to turn owners into collectors. Do you have space for additional trailers and other vehicles?

Rick
Thanks both. She drives ace. I have a nice place to keep it along with my vintage tractors, living van. And other stuff lol. I've always wanted one but was a little scared to bite the bullet. It's a 59 whistler

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks