• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I Want the big tires

SGT FROST

Hi guys , I was thinking of buying 750/16 NDT for my M-38 project is this a nono or is there a problem ? I am thinking bigger is better and better ride and easy to get in and out , any intel would be helpful Thanks ,,out

armytruck63

I have two friends that are running 7.50-16's on their M38A1's with no issues. The bigger tires drop the RPM slightly for highway travel.

emr

Actually there were 750 tires on some M38s and A1s :) For " Sand service " as I have read many years ago in some TM s ... That's why I put em right on mine years ago about a week after I read that. I had her 25 or so years, The Military has done most of everything we think of at one time or another. Like Mad dag said, do it :)))

SGT FROST

Actually there were 750 tires on some M38s and A1s :) For " Sand service " as I have read many years ago in some TM s ... That's why I put em right on mine years ago about a week after I read that. I had her 25 or so years, The Military has done most of everything we think of at one time or another. Like Mad dag said, do it :)))
Thank You Sir for your good intel , Sgt Frost , out

saddamsnightmare

October 31st, 2014.

You will find that if you use larger tires on your M38A, you will get more road speed, but much less ability to climb hills or get out of mudholes. This is based on experience with the larger trucks and the results are not always what you expect, particularly if you live in hilly or clay country. :smile:

SGT FROST

October 31st, 2014.

You will find that if you use larger tires on your M38A, you will get more road speed, but much less ability to climb hills or get out of mudholes. This is based on experience with the larger trucks and the results are not always what you expect, particularly if you live in hilly or clay country. :smile:
10-4 Thanks for the good intel I will carry on,,Out