• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I want to say hello and thanks.

RoadRash

Hello Everyone,
My name is Jay and I own two M10A forklifts. This site has been VERY helpful for me, and I want to say thanks! I shall try and return the favor by supporting you guys wherever I can.

I use my M10A loaders daily at my Sawmill in Gaffney SC. I bought the first one in 2020 and have used it almost daily. It blew a hose in June 2023 and took my two days to get a replacement, that shut my operation down until repairs were made. This encouraged me purchase a “backup” machine this summer, so now I split the work between the two. I’m going to add a few notes to some threads regarding M10A that have been previously discussed here and look forward to contributing to discussions when/where I can. I’ll attach some photos of the lift’s just for fun.

Thanks Again
Jay

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome. Those are great RT forklifts, the Army seems to have bought a huge number of them and they got very little use. Post up parts sources as you find them, not exactly sure what all happened with Hough/International/Dresser over the years.

RoadRash

I know. That’s why I’m here and saying thanks for that and a few threads that helped also. There is a thread about hydraulic filters that I’m going to update based on my experience also. Just happy to see this site and contribute when possible. Love to know other M10A owners as well. Good Stuff indeed.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello fellow M10A owner! Good looking units and the solid green one was probably a Tooele Depot rebuild I'm guessing (I had two). These machines are tough but some parts are hard to find. Oddly enough, some parts still make their way out of surplus so grab them when you can. I'll keep one in the motorpool at all times until there's no green iron left.

RoadRash

Hello fellow M10A owner! Good looking units and the solid green one was probably a Tooele Depot rebuild I'm guessing (I had two). These machines are tough but some parts are hard to find. Oddly enough, some parts still make their way out of surplus so grab them when you can. I'll keep one in the motorpool at all times until there's no green iron left.
Awesome! Exactly what I was hoping for, meeting someone else who owns or has knowledge about them. The Green (we call Betty) one was rebuilt in 2011 per the previous owner and the other one was supposedly rebuilt in 2000. I’m looking forward to learning more about them, especially since I use the to make a living.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks