• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I want to take off the CTIS on my newly purchased 1990 M923A2

HanksDeuce

We are 20 posts deep on this topic and no doghead "read the TM" post? For shame. Do we need to send someone to check on him? :D

Good luck on getting the leaky tire fixed. I'd definitely check the split rim o-ring first.

Those Military Guys

Supporting Vendor
we have actually put together a complete CTIS delete kit for those who want to delete the CTIS to save people the problem of trying to find all the right threaded fittings you can find the kit in the forsale section or on out site and it comes with instructions on what to do hope this helps
TMG

teynorj

tell me more about this CTIS delete kit.

i need to buy today...

i dont have the room to be fiddling with my truck where i live and i constantly have the rear right tire going flat.

when i connected the ctis system to the control box, vales on the left side ot axle 2 and 3 seem to be purging out at a rapid rate, flattening all the tires in my truck

im not trying to spend over a hour with a 12 gallon compressor trying to fill each tire, it takes forever.

bottomline i would be happy with plugging it and being done with it.

if its just a rim o-ring i can handle that, split the rim check for tear rust or rips.

nothing some rtv wont handle if i chose not buying a new o-ring.. i have not idea how much rim o-rings are even sold for.

please pm the CTIS delete kit or send me the link on the proper an fittings to buy,

Bluebeard

i need to buy today...

please pm the CTIS delete kit or send me the link on the proper an fittings to buy,

The guys at "Those Military Guys" will set you up. Their kit is pretty extensive.... I am pretty embarrased, as they helped me out
and I offered my CTIS as payment and I haven't sent it to them yet. I still need to get the neighbors to help me take the CTIS off our
neighborhood 6x6 fire truck (which may be getting a lot of use this summer because of this dry winter). Good reminder that I need to call them tomorrow
to let them know I haven't forgotten them.

Andrmorr

Okay all of this is well and good but let me give y'all an alternative. Unscrew the line going to the actual valvestem and put in a valvecore and put in correct air here and then screw the line back on as your cap, leave everything else hooked up but the cannon plug on the back of the controller. Looks stock and doesn't leak easily undone.
Also check the rim for max air pressure I think this is what's popping O - rings it is less than what some trucks are marked on the fender.
For those trying to figure out if it's the tire O-ring or the rest of the CTIS causing the leak, CSM DAVIS has given you the right tool (above) to figure it out...putting a valve stem core in the tire rim airline will isolate the wheel rim from the truck. Inflate the tire to desired pressure then see if the pressure holds or leaks out. If the tire pressure leaks down, it has to be the O-ring...if the pressure remains constant, the original leak is somewhere in the truck side... in the military we called this troubleshoot technique "divide by half"...it helps you find any problem quickly and works just as well with electrical problems.

todds112

i need to buy today...

i dont have the room to be fiddling with my truck where i live and i constantly have the rear right tire going flat.

when i connected the ctis system to the control box, vales on the left side ot axle 2 and 3 seem to be purging out at a rapid rate, flattening all the tires in my truck

im not trying to spend over a hour with a 12 gallon compressor trying to fill each tire, it takes forever.

bottomline i would be happy with plugging it and being done with it.

if its just a rim o-ring i can handle that, split the rim check for tear rust or rips.

nothing some rtv wont handle if i chose not buying a new o-ring.. i have not idea how much rim o-rings are even sold for.

The O-Rings are only $12-$15. I am on my third leaking tire and all have been bad O-rings. One of them had a bad grommet as well on the turret valve inside the wheel. As others have said, if your O-ring is bad the tire will leak regardless of CTIS being attached. My current leaky tire will hold about 50 lbs of pressure, so CTIS works up to the X-Country setting. When it tries to go up to Highway, it detects the leak and I eventually get the "4 light" error.

TruAg

Most problems I have found are related to the rim seal MtnSnow is referring too or a leaky valve stem. Valve stem is a pretty easy fix, o ring is labor intensive. TM doesn't help a whole lot, you just have to start with the simple fix first and move around the truck following all the air lines.

Those Military Guys have a CTIS Delete kit with all the fittings and parts you will need. You can find the fittings at a hydraulics place or hardware store, but for the time and money you can't beat the deal they have.

spicergear

Are you sure the leaking tire's rim O-ring is not bad? I had one tire that constantly lost air on my M936A2 and the problem was the O-ring between the rim halves. CTIS worked perfectly perfectly after that was repaired.

Me too on my 931A2. LOVE the CTIS and use it all the time. SAND mode works great in snow! ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks