• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I went back and bought the truck

fasttruck

Download the lubrication order, 9-2320-209-LO from the TM section on this site as to make sure you did not miss any of the 38 or so Zerks a M35A1WW has. Truck with a winch ? Are you carrying extra authorized shear pins and a hammer and punch required to change them out ? Don't leave home without them. Grease is cheap, parts cost money. There are 4 grease fittings on the handbrake alone. Neglect them at your own peril.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to start by saying thank you to all of you that helped me realize that I was wrong to think I should not buy a truck because it did not have a turbo.
The truck I purchased is a 72 AM General
M35a2 with winch

The drive home took about 3:45 with no problems so I am happy for that. I was on main highways and tried not to push the truck to hard and ran about 50-52 mph and did not push it past about 56 mph at the fastest. I am happy to have purchased this truck and hope to have lots of fun with it.

There a few things I noticed that I need to address on the way home. The brakes work well but definitely need adjustment because the left front seems to grab slightly more than the rest. There is a clunk in the steering that needs diagnosed. It lost some power along the way and the fuel tank has Some crud in it so I need to clean that up and replace the fuel filters. I am at this point confident that the los of power is from the filters getting clogged from the crud in the tank. I need to do something with the spring seat because it is not enjoyable when it bottoms out. First gear is tight and it makes the 1-2 shift tricky but it starts out in second gear without problem.

Things I plan on doing as preventative maintenance would include replacing all filters, greasing all the fittings, hub service all the way around, replace all wheel cylinders ( then rebuild the old ones and put them on the shelf for future use), adjust all the brakes, and replace all the fluids.

The tool kit, bows, and bed cover were not included With the truck so hopefully I can obtain those things here after I get all of the maintenance taken care of.

here are some pictures

View attachment 800781

View attachment 800782

View attachment 800783

View attachment 800784

View attachment 800785

View attachment 800786

View attachment 800787

View attachment 800788

View attachment 800789

Please excuse my ignorance but I am assuming this solar panel is to charge the batteries can someone please confirm or correct me on that.

View attachment 800790

Over all I am happy with the truck because all of the other ones I have been around locally were really rusty and seemed much more worn. I feel like I will have a really solid truck with some elbow grease and some new parts. In my area you can not buy a decent pickup truck for what I paid for this and it is way more fun to drive. I took the wife out for a ride after dinner to get some fuel and some more seat time. Almost every person that was out in there yard waved and people were stopping me at the gas station to talk about the truck. This thing attracts lots of attention and seems to put a smile on almost every face that sees it.
Nice photos. Hope you enjoy it.

V8srfun

Download the lubrication order, 9-2320-209-LO from the TM section on this site as to make sure you did not miss any of the 38 or so Zerks a M35A1WW has. Truck with a winch ? Are you carrying extra authorized shear pins and a hammer and punch required to change them out ? Don't leave home without them. Grease is cheap, parts cost money. There are 4 grease fittings on the handbrake alone. Neglect them at your own peril.
thanks I have the lo and don’t think that I missed any but I definitely plan on giving this rig a healthy diet of grease.
I have not even used the winch yet but I will look in to the shear pins.

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, that is one fine looking truck. Do you have a long driveway? Why does that matter, you may say. Because before you know it this is going to be the first of several MV’s. It always starts with one. Then the sickness sets in and you wake up one morning and there are three or four MV’s in the driveway and you have to move a couple of them to get the one you want to drive today out.... Never mind, that was just the voice in my head getting out again. You just enjoy that fine looking truck and have a bunch of fun hanging out here with some really good folks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks