• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I went junkyard diving yesterday in the M1009 and found some Jeeps!

67_C-30

I went and pulled some parts for my M1009 and my '69 Camaro SS yesterday and found some military Jeeps and parts. He had one complete, but rough Willys, another frame with a very good tub, but I don't think it was Willys. He had also had another Willys tub that was pretty good, but my phone died and I didn't get a pic of it.

Attachments

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The less complete tub is a military M38A1 tub, the other more complete jeep is a CJ-3B, the higher hood was to clear the then-new F-head engine.

Worth a couple hundred in parts, easy. Buy them and save them for a future jeeper...

tgtaylor64

One of my favorite past times is to walk around in old auto junk yards! It is fun to look at old cars and trucks and imagine what they looked like in the show room. I know of a 40s yard in S. Georgia that is slowly overtaking many vehicles. They are just melting away into the ground. I will take photos the next time I am home.

acmunro

Salvage yards

One of my favorite past times is to walk around in old auto junk yards! It is fun to look at old cars and trucks and imagine what they looked like in the show room.
I know exactly what you mean. When I go and look I always think that was someone's new car or truck once. They probably loved and babied it.

67_C-30

I will ask him about the price on the Jeeps for you guys.

One of my favorite past times is to walk around in old auto junk yards! It is fun to look at old cars and trucks and imagine what they looked like in the show room. I know of a 40s yard in S. Georgia that is slowly overtaking many vehicles. They are just melting away into the ground. I will take photos the next time I am home.
Are you talking about the yard in LaGrange, or is it further south? There are several close to where I live and I walk around and just get lost. The yard that I went to yesterday is owned by a friend of mine, and is spread out over nearly 40 acres. He has all kinds of muscle cars, old trucks, lots of cars in from from the 30's to 50's, some old medium duty trucks, and all kinds odd, one-off stuff. I sold a Halftrack for him on ebay a few years ago. He justs lets me drive the yard and wonder through the rows of cars.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The yard in La Grange is the one I was thinking too. Pretty good sized but they are just rusting away.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I will ask him about the price on the Jeeps for you guys.
. The yard that I went to yesterday is owned by a friend of mine, and is spread out over nearly 40 acres. He has all kinds of muscle cars, old trucks, lots of cars in from from the 30's to 50's, some old medium duty trucks, and all kinds odd, one-off stuff. I sold a Halftrack for him on ebay a few years ago. He justs lets me drive the yard and wonder through the rows of cars.
Is that yard in Beulla, Al?? Owners name Big Larry?

67_C-30

Is that yard in Beulla, Al?? Owners name Big Larry?

Yep, that be him. I have been buying/selling/trading with Larry since I was a 16 years old. I used to list a lot stuff on ebay for him, but I changed jobs, and don't have the time I used to.

I'd like to get down to Columbus and check out your collection one day, if you don't mind. My dad works at Dolly Madison down there.

67_C-30

The yard in La Grange is the one I was thinking too. Pretty good sized but they are just rusting away.

Yeah, that is Mac Wall's yard. The show American Pickers featured his yard a few months ago. He charges $20 - $25 to tour the yard. I have bought a few things from him, but not too many. There is a lot of good stuff wasting away though...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks