• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I won at Auction.... Next steps

ok clift notes version here..
DLA is stopping all donations and sales of former MVs (already moved on he vast majority of them)…
USMC and SOCOM found a loop hole that allows for SOME exchange sales....
DLA is trying to stop them too....
army M998s and 1038s are the ONLY DLA trucks that were supposed to be released, the 2x 1025s and the 1037 they sold via IP are supposed to be returned (if they ever find them). the other trucks (socom and USMC) were released in opisition of TACOM and DLA. BUT will be sold until the current contracts are expired (by date not number of vehicles). when the contract is up they MAY have another contract or be directed to be crushed as all army hmmwvs are now. DLA lied to OSD stating all hmmwvs are now armored (untrue ) and must be crushed.
You mentioned "...stopping all donations and sales of former MVs..." including Stewart & Stevenson vehicles (i.e. M1083)? Still see those for auction on GP every week.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right. Since the deal is done through the DLA, they issue the SF97. It's not the branch it came from. So why would the DLA make an SF97 with off road only use, and another with on road use, for the same truck?

This is exactly the case. Army trucks get off road branded paperwork. USMC trucks get clean unbranded paperwork.

TMOMW

Interesting. That's completely illogical and makes zero sense, but that shouldn't surprise me. Thank you for the insight.

one contract that DLA has had army M998-1038s get branded for off road only. NO OTHER contract requires that at all, exchange contract, USMC, any other etc..... just the one contract. this was done by a lawyer at DLA contracting... fun fact that lawyer is no longer there.

Reactions: 98G

TMOMW

You mentioned "...stopping all donations and sales of former MVs..." including Stewart & Stevenson vehicles (i.e. M1083)? Still see those for auction on GP every week.

yes Stuart Stevenson trucks are being sold still, BUT all other army vehicles (all the other HMMWVS) all oskosh products (vehicles), and any other cool stuff that was released in the past is being crushed. the reason that SS trucks are still being released is that GSA threw a fit about it when I brought it up via NASASP and the forest service 3 years ago that the VFDs acrost the country rely on that vehicle to replace the M35 type trucks. I had meetings in DC 3 times with the head of GSA DISTRO services, and others that filtered down to DLA making them go from A1, to Q3 (DLA wanted them crushed) back to Q6. GP had to take the DLA to court to get the growler released, they (dla) stated that the rowler was a weapon. in the case of oskosh all have been branded with "no commercial value" by the head of demil. so yes about 1-2%% of army vehicles are still being released as opposed to around 50% just a few years ago.

yes Stuart Stevenson trucks are being sold still, BUT all other army vehicles (all the other HMMWVS) all oskosh products (vehicles), and any other cool stuff that was released in the past is being crushed. the reason that SS trucks are still being released is that GSA threw a fit about it when I brought it up via NASASP and the forest service 3 years ago that the VFDs acrost the country rely on that vehicle to replace the M35 type trucks. I had meetings in DC 3 times with the head of GSA DISTRO services, and others that filtered down to DLA making them go from A1, to Q3 (DLA wanted them crushed) back to Q6. GP had to take the DLA to court to get the growler released, they (dla) stated that the rowler was a weapon. in the case of oskosh all have been branded with "no commercial value" by the head of demil. so yes about 1-2%% of army vehicles are still being released as opposed to around 50% just a few years ago.
Great information @TMOMW. I had no idea all that wastefulness from governmental stupidity was going on. Thanks for sharing. I learned a lot.